Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 08:28 AM

1,761 posts, read 2,098,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
I loved Milo and Otis - it's about a pug and a cat that go on their little adventures. It's old so I can't remember if anyone dies, but I don't think so.

Marley and Me killed me.

The film rights to A Dog's Journey or A Dog's Purpose have been sold (maybe film rights to both) - my fave dog books EVER. EVER. There's sadness but with a really intriguing twist and I highly, highly recommend them.

I was told to read Where the Red Fern grows but also told I'd cry my eyes out so I haven't gone there just yet.

I'm sure I'll go see a Dog's Purpose if they make it into a movie only because I love the book so much! I'd be intrigued to see how they work it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2012, 02:48 PM

50 posts, read 227,702 times
I loved "Homeward Bound" growing up, and I still love it today (Shadow's my favorite). I also love "Bolt", though I don't know if people here would count it seeing as it was an animated movie. Come to think of it, both of them involved dogs and cats traveling across America to get back to their owners. They both managed to show animal shelters and workers in a much more realistic and/or positive light than a lot of other dog movies that I won't mention by name *coughHotelforDogscough*.

Old 08-21-2012, 06:54 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,473,895 times
I LOVED Homeward Bound. I love all 3 animals in there, but my favorite was Chance. One of the best movies ever.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:55 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
OMG! You guys need to watch Red Dog! I just saw it. It's available OnDemand via Comcast right now. It's a fantastic true story about an Australian dog in the 1970s. There's even a huge bronze statue in his honor in Australia. It made me cry. It made me laugh. It made me smile. It touched my heart. And it brought back memories because it's set in the 1970s. The music. The fashion. Some of it is filmed like old home movies. This is a MUST SEE movie! It will certainly take the place of any favorite dog movie. I guarantee it!

Old 09-25-2012, 11:01 AM

19,506 posts, read 9,534,290 times
DH and I rented "Red Dog" from ha,ha RedBox just this past week. Really enjoyed it too.
Reminded me of the loyalty that Hachi showed toward his human companion.

I know I cried and hubby was taken by it too though he didn't need the kleenex like I did.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:46 AM

567 posts, read 1,012,341 times
Eyes of an Angel with John Travolta.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:53 AM

5,706 posts, read 9,629,182 times
Old Yeller. If that one doesn't make you bawl out loud then nothing will.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:16 AM

2,873 posts, read 5,850,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
I loved Milo and Otis - it's about a pug and a cat that go on their little adventures. It's old so I can't remember if anyone dies, but I don't think so.

Marley and Me killed me.

The film rights to A Dog's Journey or A Dog's Purpose have been sold (maybe film rights to both) - my fave dog books EVER. EVER. There's sadness but with a really intriguing twist and I highly, highly recommend them.

I was told to read Where the Red Fern grows but also told I'd cry my eyes out so I haven't gone there just yet.
In the movie Milo and Otis the characters don't die, but in the actual filming many kittens were killed to get shots of cats in water/falling off cliffs/etc. For obvious reasons I won't watch or show that movie to anyone...even if it was long ago, I can't stand seeing cats put in situations where I KNOW they didn't survive.

My favorite animal movie is actually the Fox and the Hound...love that the ending is kept so stark and real. I second the vote for Bolt...love that movie!!

(It always amused that in the Old Yeller movie, they wait until they know for sure that Yeller has rabies before putting him down. In the book, they don't)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs