Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 09:03 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,342,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I agree.....blood will tell.

I never noticed it until we got Rip.

All he wants to do is hunt.......run and tree bears.

He is home this week because he is underweight.

He is skin and bones but, still just thinking about the hunt.

He will not eat.

Last year he had to be put on an IV.....I hope he will eat today.
Good god, I hope he is ok.
Yes, my collies can't stand to see anything moving...it has to be stopped or gathered into a grouping. If I trot around the house, there will be someone nipping at my heels..."Stop that, momma! Stop!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2012, 09:06 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,334,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Good god, I hope he is ok.
Yes, my collies can't stand to see anything moving...it has to be stopped or gathered into a grouping. If I trot around the house, there will be someone nipping at my heels..."Stop that, momma! Stop!"
Thank you.

Last year it took Rip about four days to come down from his "predator high".

Old 09-02-2012, 09:11 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,342,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Thank you.

Last year it took Rip about four days to come down from his "predator high".
It's truly amazing.
Before Rio died, I played this game with them. Where I would get on one side of the kitchen island or a table and the point was to get them to chase me around it.
When I had one dog, that game could last a while, because I would just change directions, etc.
But once they were two, it was like they were totally coordinated in their hunting.
They would always immediately split off into two different directions and nail me right in the middle. There was no escape.

Pack hunting - bred into their genes.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:14 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,334,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
It's truly amazing.
Before Rio died, I played this game with them. Where I would get on one side of the kitchen island or a table and the point was to get them to chase me around it.
When I had one dog, that game could last a while, because I would just change directions, etc.
But once they were two, it was like they were totally coordinated in their hunting.
They would always immediately split off into two different directions and nail me right in the middle. There was no escape.

Pack hunting - bred into their genes.
It is amazing.

Rip has bee turned out with 30 dogs he has never seen and they form a pack in a heartbeat.

Old 09-02-2012, 12:28 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,420,607 times
From Gary Larson, The Far Side. Click to enlarge.

Last edited by subject2change; 06-13-2019 at 06:15 AM..

Old 09-05-2012, 03:45 PM

466 posts, read 1,062,077 times
Where does this list really come from and why doesn't it have the cities or other locations with it, I mean where they are banned? They have a list of the breeds, but nothing else?????? Hmmm...... let me think about it......

Old 09-06-2012, 04:46 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,266,592 times
I think the point is that when you hear about banning you automatically think of dogs other than some of the ones that were pictured. I won't go into breed banning because it stirs up a lot of emotion, but I believe that is the point that the OP is trying to make.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs