Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 05:41 PM

3 posts, read 2,066 times

Advertisements

It just occurred to me that probably everyone says they supervise their dogs when they're outside but in my case, it's true. We have deer that jump our 6 foot fence like it's nothing and they roam around in our yard. Often there are yearlings with them and I know how quickly my dogs could be injured or possibly killed if the mother saw them as a threat. If I'm out there with them, I can get them inside quickly. I just wanted to add that ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 06:01 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,029,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryLife123 View Post
It just occurred to me that probably everyone says they supervise their dogs when they're outside but in my case, it's true. We have deer that jump our 6 foot fence like it's nothing and they roam around in our yard. Often there are yearlings with them and I know how quickly my dogs could be injured or possibly killed if the mother saw them as a threat. If I'm out there with them, I can get them inside quickly. I just wanted to add that ...
I didn't doubt you for a second. If Artie is in the back yard, that means that *I* am in the back yard. I might leave him outside for a few minutes to come inside and get something, but if that's the case, I'm watching him out a window. My reason is that if he poops, I want to do cleanup so that he doesn't inadvertently step in it afterwards and track it inside.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:33 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,802,285 times
Probably not much to worry about. Not enogh damages to interstmost PI lawyers. This is a claim of less than $1000. A lawsuit costs $20,000 in time, minimum.

Now if his arm rots and falls off. . . .

Your homeowners insurance should provide you with a lawyer if he makes a claim.

Do not say "I am sorry" In fact do not talk to him about it at all if you can avoid it. Anything you say can be used against you if he ever does pursue it.

If you want to get obsessive, you could put a video camera in your back yard in case he ever tried something again.

Otherwise, do not lose sleep over it. It is not worth being a big worry.

You could make him some cookies. My wife accomplished amazing things with rotten neighbors this way. Just do not say you made them becasue your dog scared him.

Not this i snot legal advice. You want leagal advice, send me $600 and a lot more details.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:54 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,268,094 times
I have to agree that he's trying to pray on you in hopes you'll be vulnerable to his accusations. I agree with coldjensens in that you say nothing to him at all. It is his word against yours and the burden of proof (I think) would be on him.

As a side note, I believed you. If my dogs are outside, I am outside plain and simple. For years we've had renters with little kids and the last thing I would want is for anyone to be injured, two or four legged

Old 08-29-2012, 07:23 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,279,635 times
I wouldn't call an attorney, or an insurance company....it kinda makes it seem like you might hold some guilt...just forget about it, your lousy neighbors just trying to scare you into feeling some responsibility or guilt....don't fall for it, and don't bake him any goodies (nothing personal Coldjensons), or apologize, or ask him how he's doing....just steer clear of this con man.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:16 PM

639 posts, read 1,963,967 times
I don't believe his claim that the health insurance company won't cover his injuries because they were caused by the neighbor's dogs. Insurance doesn't care what caused the injuries! That's BS. I think the idiot fell off his own deck by accident, broke his arm and decided he could kill two birds with one stone by blaming the dogs he hates and getting you to pay him off.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:04 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,865,904 times
Big dogs don't bother me as much as small dog. I need a cane to walk and because of poor balance a small dog is more of a hazard to me than large ones.
GL2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs