Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 09:33 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times

Advertisements

As I was walking through my apartment complex on the way to work this morning I had to twice step over giant piles of dog poop. My apartment complex has doggie stations everywhere with trash cans and bags, yet people continue to just let their dogs go wherever and don't scoop it up. Yuck! I don't see how people who are too lazy to scoop the poop when the resources are right in front of their faces are even responsible enough to have pets. Sorry for venting, but it seriously grossed me out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 11:50 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
Grab them, stick their noses in it and sternly say 'No"

Although inappropriate for dogs, I think that is the correct respnse for humans.

Old 09-26-2012, 12:15 PM

2,277 posts, read 3,959,166 times
I can I do, pretty sure those who don't don't post here.

Old 09-26-2012, 12:33 PM

472 posts, read 1,097,209 times
I'm going through the same thing at my complex. My dogs have gotten sick because of it. The property manager simply doesn't care and allows it to happen. My complex is 95 percent dog owners. Only 40 percent pick up after their dogs and that 40 percent has gotten the city involved. It's been real bad. Down the hall ways, in the elevators, all outside.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:00 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_In_Translation View Post
I can I do, pretty sure those who don't don't post here.
I know, I was just venting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoneWithDallas View Post
I'm going through the same thing at my complex. My dogs have gotten sick because of it. The property manager simply doesn't care and allows it to happen. My complex is 95 percent dog owners. Only 40 percent pick up after their dogs and that 40 percent has gotten the city involved. It's been real bad. Down the hall ways, in the elevators, all outside.
Really? Max was sick over the weekend...now I'm wondering if he stepped in something he shouldn't have from someone else's dog.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:39 PM

472 posts, read 1,097,209 times
There are a ton of new puppies and dogs in my complex and my fear is that some/most aren't vaccinated. My Bentley was sick for nearly a week with the trots. The vet couldn't find anything but I still believe it's something he might have stepped in outside and contracted a bacterial infection, in the early stages of course which has seemed to pass and he's back to normal but if it happens again I dont know what I'm going to do.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:48 PM

809 posts, read 2,187,211 times
At the apartment complex where I live they will slap you with a $50.00 fine and they mean business. To make sure the offending human "gets it" you also get a lovely write-up in your file. Three strikes, you're out.

Same goes for cigarette butts and other litter.

Last edited by second right; 09-26-2012 at 01:52 PM.. Reason: dorked

Old 09-26-2012, 03:07 PM

1,015 posts, read 2,423,105 times
The excuse I got was that "its small" or "eco-friendly"

WTF......

Old 09-26-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildnFree View Post
The excuse I got was that "its small" or "eco-friendly"

WTF......
One odd thing about dog poop. It does not decay. Our dog goes out into the woods alongside the house to poop. She usually goes in the same area. Has for years, expcet now she is older, she stays closer to the house. She has not ventured much into the woods for nearly two years. However if I go out to her "area" all the poop is still there and solidand exactly the same as it ws years ago. If you step in it it even reeks like it is fresh. Freeze it, flood it, hail on it, bake it in the sun - it just stays in place and does not change. I thought it would decay or something, but it doesn't. I think it is related to twinkies. (Impervious to time and something you should never put in your mouth). I had hoped the coyotes woudl eat it, but apparently they do not like twinkies. In 1000 years acheologists will find it and posit some strange dog poop worship rights were practiced in our society.

Not eco friendly.

Old 09-26-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by second right View Post
At the apartment complex where I live they will slap you with a $50.00 fine and they mean business. To make sure the offending human "gets it" you also get a lovely write-up in your file. Three strikes, you're out.

Same goes for cigarette butts and other litter.

Somone posted an article about a complex that has the poop tested genetically and finds out what dog it came from. Then they nail the owner with a huge fine that includes the cost of genetic testing. Every resident has to provide genetic samples from their dog when they get the dog. Big fine for having a dog not registered. Seems a bit big brotherish, but maybe it is a good idea after all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs