U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-01-2012, 02:52 PM
 
Location: Stuck in NE GA right now
4,585 posts, read 10,815,293 times
Reputation: 6616

Advertisements

Great story...and Ole' Artie looks like he won the lotto.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-01-2012, 03:04 PM
 
Location: Montreal -> CT -> MA -> Montreal -> Ottawa
16,649 posts, read 26,630,359 times
Reputation: 26595
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
Great story...and Ole' Artie looks like he won the lotto.
Thanks! And, yeah, the boy doesn't have a humble bone in his body. Ha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2012, 04:19 PM
 
Location: Illinois
718 posts, read 1,799,254 times
Reputation: 973
We brought Trace, our Black Labrador home at 7 weeks of age. My daughter brought her gray cat Sydnee home at about 9 weeks of age during the same two week period. They lived together while my daughter went to college and then, when she moved downtown, Sydnee went to live with her and Trace stayed with me. Move ahead a few years, a divorce results in Trace living with son in Kentucky and Sydnee moving to St. Charles with daughter and new husband. During this time, any cat that was in Trace's presence was in for trouble and the only time Sydnee hissed as if in pain was when kenneled at the vet near a dog. She "hated" dogs of any type and any kind. About the 10th year, there was a family reunion and my son brought Trace and of course Sydnee was at my daughter's house. In the door, the dog's hair goes up and then down....catback, then down....as if to say "is it YOU!". Ohmigod, they were running around and rubbing up against each other. Next thing we know....naptime and they are curled up together. Not a dry eye in the house...and that was after each had been without the other for about 6-7 years. Amazing...these animals of ours.
Thanks for reading...just had to throw it in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2012, 04:27 PM
 
Location: Montreal -> CT -> MA -> Montreal -> Ottawa
16,649 posts, read 26,630,359 times
Reputation: 26595
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnKK View Post
We brought Trace, our Black Labrador home at 7 weeks of age. My daughter brought her gray cat Sydnee home at about 9 weeks of age during the same two week period. They lived together while my daughter went to college and then, when she moved downtown, Sydnee went to live with her and Trace stayed with me. Move ahead a few years, a divorce results in Trace living with son in Kentucky and Sydnee moving to St. Charles with daughter and new husband. During this time, any cat that was in Trace's presence was in for trouble and the only time Sydnee hissed as if in pain was when kenneled at the vet near a dog. She "hated" dogs of any type and any kind. About the 10th year, there was a family reunion and my son brought Trace and of course Sydnee was at my daughter's house. In the door, the dog's hair goes up and then down....catback, then down....as if to say "is it YOU!". Ohmigod, they were running around and rubbing up against each other. Next thing we know....naptime and they are curled up together. Not a dry eye in the house...and that was after each had been without the other for about 6-7 years. Amazing...these animals of ours.
Thanks for reading...just had to throw it in.
Thanks for reading? Thanks for TELLING! That story was fabulous -- it gave me goosebumps and tears at the same time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2012, 05:03 PM
 
1,609 posts, read 1,510,429 times
Reputation: 3812
The (pet store ) Bichon we had when I was a child hated anyone he hadn't met in his puppyhood, especially men. He never forgot anyone he had previously deemed acceptable, though, and he greeted his friends affectionately, even it he hadn't seen them in months.

Artie, btw, is an absolutely adorable dog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2012, 05:07 PM
 
3,593 posts, read 10,647,029 times
Reputation: 5197
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
Thanks! And, yeah, the boy doesn't have a humble bone in his body. Ha!
You know that I LOVE this picture of him. One proud and happy boy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2012, 05:12 PM
 
Location: Montreal -> CT -> MA -> Montreal -> Ottawa
16,649 posts, read 26,630,359 times
Reputation: 26595
Quote:
Originally Posted by forum_browser View Post
The (pet store ) Bichon we had when I was a child hated anyone he hadn't met in his puppyhood, especially men. He never forgot anyone he had previously deemed acceptable, though, and he greeted his friends affectionately, even it he hadn't seen them in months.

Artie, btw, is an absolutely adorable dog.
Our dogs are the best kind of people -- they never forget anyone who has shown them love.

Thanks for the Artie compliment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
You know that I LOVE this picture of him. One proud and happy boy!
Thanks, Cat!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2012, 07:34 PM
 
16,487 posts, read 21,018,632 times
Reputation: 16171
What a touching story, thanks for sharing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2012, 02:51 AM
 
Location: Maine's garden spot
3,155 posts, read 5,672,544 times
Reputation: 3260
Nice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2012, 04:35 PM
 
13,294 posts, read 25,470,882 times
Reputation: 20392
Artie looks great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:36 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top