Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 11:15 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times

Advertisements

My hubby will take the three hounds hunting for a few days....he calls home each night.

He get upset because I ask how the dogs are.......and never how he is.......LOL LOL LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 12:21 AM

1,253 posts, read 3,633,463 times
We had this conversation on here recently, I don't remember the thread ... I'll state it again, for the record.

Anyone that does not accept you and your pet(s) will never be happy. They will always ask of you what you cannot give them. You and your pet(s) are a package deal. If they ask you to get rid of them, quickly show them the door!!!

A pet's love, devotion and loyalty is until death do us part. The divorce rate today is close to 60%. Too many people will just walk away when things get tough, pets don't do that, they stick it out for the duration!

Before I got re-married, any man I dated had to pass the dog test. If my dogs didn't like him, there was probably a good reason. NEXT. (I already got ride of an a-hole that was jealous of my dogs. Yeah, you read that right, jealous of my relationship with my dogs.) You just have to show a man like him the curb ... Which I did. Then I had to apologize to my babies for making them live with an azzhole.

They forgave me. NOW, that's love!

Old 10-02-2012, 01:24 AM

757 posts, read 1,328,183 times
OMG, remember, (or did you hear) about the crazy guy here in San Diego that beat his girlfriends three dogs to death on two separate occasions? People are nuts, the guy only got 5 years in prison. She lost her three babies.

Animal abuse: Man admits killing girlfriend's 3 dogs - KSWB

Old 10-02-2012, 05:48 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,013,815 times
My situation is a bit different because Artie came to us after J and I were married. J is not a pet person and is most definitely not a DOG person. But he understood that I really wanted a dog -- I'd waited to get one until after I started to work from home and I'd already delayed that in Montreal because I was traveling often.

J feels that Artie comes between us. (He does.) Artie is a craver of attention so when J and I are doing something that clearly doesn't involve him -- like hugging each other -- Artie barks, "What about ME?" Artie also means that we can't spontaneously go somewhere -- I have to find a dog walker or sitter for him, so everything has to be PLANNED -- and J resents that.

But what J says is something to the effect of, "I know that YOU get all sorts of enjoyment from Artie. I know that he's company for you during the day, and I like that. And while I don't love him, I'm happy that you are happy."

I can't ask for more than that. I wish that he was a dog lover but I knew he wasn't even before we got Artie. At least he lets ME be a dog lover.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:43 AM

30,484 posts, read 16,198,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
My situation is a bit different because Artie came to us after J and I were married. J is not a pet person and is most definitely not a DOG person. But he understood that I really wanted a dog -- I'd waited to get one until after I started to work from home and I'd already delayed that in Montreal because I was traveling often.

J feels that Artie comes between us. (He does.) Artie is a craver of attention so when J and I are doing something that clearly doesn't involve him -- like hugging each other -- Artie barks, "What about ME?" Artie also means that we can't spontaneously go somewhere -- I have to find a dog walker or sitter for him, so everything has to be PLANNED -- and J resents that.

But what J says is something to the effect of, "I know that YOU get all sorts of enjoyment from Artie. I know that he's company for you during the day, and I like that. And while I don't love him, I'm happy that you are happy."

I can't ask for more than that. I wish that he was a dog lover but I knew he wasn't even before we got Artie. At least he lets ME be a dog lover.
Now that's love.
Wonder if J was a dog in his former life.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:46 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
They don't have to love my dog.
But they do have to be nice, put up with her, etc.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:34 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,013,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
Now that's love.
Wonder if J was a dog in his former life.
HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe a chihuahua.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:31 PM

1,253 posts, read 3,633,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post

Honey, he's one of the few and I do mean few men, that get it!

It really isn't about your S/O feeling the same about your fur-kid as you do (it's wonderful when they do...) but loving you so much they CARE about your happiness!

However, if they are jealous...kick'em to the curb there is more going on in that controlling freakish head of theirs. Oops, I said that out loud. Well, I meant it, too!

Old 10-02-2012, 11:05 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,552,800 times
That was one of the few dealbreakers I had when dating. Don't love dogs? Hit the road. A mere tolerance of my dogs would not have worked. My dogs are a huge part of my life and I am involved with rescue. I admit, sometimes they run my life. They are welcome on my furniture and in my bed, and I wasn't going to change those rules for someone else.

Luckily, my husband is as much a dog lover as I am. He loves my hounds and they love him. He and my female beagle have a special bond. More often than not, she cuddles and sleeps next to him at night instead of me.

It goes both ways, though. I love his dogs and parrot just as much as he loves my little hound thugs.

Old 10-03-2012, 04:36 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times
As another poster on cd says "The dog is permanant , you may not be " , yes I am definately a love me , love my dog person ... DandJ yep my chihuahua is your hubby re incarnated LOL !!!! I have never given up an animal for a s.o. nor would I ever .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs