Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 06:07 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I think they understand it far better than we humans do - they are loyal to the bitter end, and they will always forgive. We can learn so much from them, if we are open to hearing what they have to teach us - such as live in the moment instead of yesterday and tomorrows.
You could be right, who really knows? All I know is I do love them so that's enough for me. I love them almost as much as my children. I think dogs are really good for people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2012, 01:52 PM

857 posts, read 2,216,261 times
Ditto!

Old 11-28-2012, 07:56 AM

6 posts, read 6,419 times
Because they provide the unconditional love we all want. No matter what. They love purely to be loved in return. What's not to love about a creature thats love is so pure and full?

Old 11-28-2012, 08:15 AM

3,513 posts, read 6,373,551 times
You mean that it ain't enough that I feed them premium food, pick up all the poop, clean up all the accidents in the house, vacuum up all the hair they shed, patch the holes in the walls that they claw out when in panic mode due to separation anxiety, have the holistic vet come to give the old ones acupuncture and ultrasound for their aches and pains, let them sleep under the covers even though they are bed hogs, hold them in my arms when it's time for them to cross the bridge, give up lots of my free time to foster them, take them to adoption events, find them good homes, etc, etc, etc...

I'm supposed to love them too!!!

OK, I guess I sorta do. Some of the time.

But I'll be darned if I know why.

Old 11-28-2012, 04:34 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,200,415 times
I love dogs. The only thing that I would change about dogs is to have them live as long as the person who loves them.

Old 11-28-2012, 09:00 PM

857 posts, read 2,216,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
You mean that it ain't enough that I feed them premium food, pick up all the poop, clean up all the accidents in the house, vacuum up all the hair they shed, patch the holes in the walls that they claw out when in panic mode due to separation anxiety, have the holistic vet come to give the old ones acupuncture and ultrasound for their aches and pains, let them sleep under the covers even though they are bed hogs, hold them in my arms when it's time for them to cross the bridge, give up lots of my free time to foster them, take them to adoption events, find them good homes, etc, etc, etc...

I'm supposed to love them too!!!

OK, I guess I sorta do. Some of the time.

But I'll be darned if I know why.

Now if that isn't LOVE,I don't know what is,you KIND Person.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:07 AM

1,105 posts, read 1,786,440 times
Why Millionaires Prefer Dogs Over Cats - Yahoo! Finance

A nice read.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs