Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 09:37 AM

1,397 posts, read 4,846,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullMommie1206 View Post
Desy and Jayda play all day everyday, and you know how puppies are, they play pretty rough! I was rubbing Desy's tummy and I noticed that she had a small scratch on her tummy, which is pretty normal for our girls, but she also had a red lump! It's right where her nipples are, but it doesn't really fit in, you know? I thought that maybe Jayda caught one of Desy's little nipples with her nail while they were playing because there was a scrape right by the lump. It almost looked like a swollen nipple, but it hasn't gone down or gotten any better at all! It has been a couple days and nothing has changed, no worse, no better? The more I look at it, the less it looks like a nipple. It's just too big to be a nipple, even if it was swollen. It's pretty hard to the touch, it doesn't seem to bother her at all, it's almost perfectly round and it's bright red. It doesn't hurt her, she didn't even open her eyes when I was checking it out when she was sleeping. So I don't know what it is?!.. Actually, I'll take a picture of it right now and post it for you. Give me a minute to get a picture and get it on the computer.

Okay, this is as good as I could do right now...

It was more red yesterday, it's more pink now. I don't know if that's a good thing or not? It hasn't gotten any bigger or smaller, nothing has changed except the color. It's not rock hard, but it feels thick, not like it's filled with fluid. I really don't think it's a nipple or a bug bite. I don't know what it could be, but it hasn't gone away or even gotten smaller, so now I'm really worried! I swear, my fur babies are going to give me a heart attack before in 30! I can't take all of this! lol! I worry about them sooo much!.. When I call the vet on Monday I'm going to tell them about Desy's lump and make an appointment to get her in, and I'm going to ask about spaying Jayda and neutering Brooklyn. I'm definitely going to check with the two humane societies that are close to us before I schedule their appointments though. I want to be able to just go a head and get them both done in the next two weeks or so, and just get it over with! Anyway, have you ever seen something like that before and do you have any idea what it might be, or what it could possibly be? Could it be something really bad, some kind of tumor or cancer??? I'm soo worried!

I'll try to get some better pictures first thing in the morning, right now I have got to go! lol! Serg has been wanting me to get off the computer for a while now!
I found some article that talk about a dog having a lump on a belly. I HOPE IT IS NOT ANYTHING SERIOUS IN YOUR CASE!!!These are just informations...I HOPE she doesn't have tumor or anything like that...Take her to vet...

Lump on dog, is it servious? (http://www.qeok.com/dogs/2317-qeok.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2007, 10:09 AM

960 posts, read 1,687,682 times
How's Destiny's red spot? How's she feeling?
I would have a vet check it out. There are so many bugs and other critters that could have caused it. Does it have any ring around it? Spiders and ticks, I think, have rings around the swelled area. Tumors whether benign or cancerous, generally, do not just pop up overnight. It also could be some kind of rash or infection, since it seems there is some redness in the area. Best to just take her to the vet and check it out.
Hope all goes well for Destiny.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:23 AM

1,913 posts, read 8,908,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullMommie1206 View Post
So, if we can do this, we will pay about $50.00 for Brooklyn (48 pounds) and $55.00 for Jayda (42 pounds). It says it's for low income families, do they check how much we make? If we make more than a certain amount of money a month or a year, will they not help us? I wonder how they do this? We definitely don't make a lot of money, especially now that I'm not really working!

Don't put the emphasis on whether you're low income or not.
Put the focus on that you want to be a responsible dog owner and that you've heard about the "low cost spay/neuter programs out there, and that you are interested", *can you please give me more information*...that's all you need to say when you call around.
Things I've learned in life and a good rule of thumb: *don't volunteer too much information, if it's not needed*....

The only way your going to find out what they offer in FLA is if you make some calls to the right people.

Again, when I lived in California...*the state where hardly anything is given away at a discount and the cost of living is rather on the high side*...my vet offered the info up front before I said anything...my income level never came up in the conversation...anyway, she gave me the paper work, I then had to take it to the SPCA to obtain the certificate and my vet was the doctor that performed the surgery.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Hope Desy is going to be OK, too!*

Old 10-14-2007, 10:50 AM

13,926 posts, read 39,297,259 times
I had to pay $125 to the vet for Katie's spay [28#] Plus had to pay $20 to get her to the vet...& I am on disabillity!

Old 10-14-2007, 12:47 PM

1,397 posts, read 4,846,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I had to pay $125 to the vet for Katie's spay [28#] Plus had to pay $20 to get her to the vet...& I am on disabillity!
Craziness...Portia's surgery was $300 and something, and Hef...-he was neutered in the shelter...for DIRT cheap.

Old 10-14-2007, 08:54 PM

1,930 posts, read 10,173,078 times
When we got Desy spayed, we ended up with a $508.42 vet bill! As long as we can get Brooklyn and Jayda each done for $200 or less we can get them both done at the same time, or as close together as the vet can get them in. I'm calling a few different places tomorrow and once we decide which one we should go with I'm going to make both appointments for as soon as possible!

Desy's spot still looks the same. Like I said, it doesn't seem to bother her at all and she's acting like her normal self, but it still has me worried. I'm going to call our regular vet first thing in the morning and get Desy in as soon as I can.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:46 PM

1,930 posts, read 10,173,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbondated View Post
How's Destiny's red spot? How's she feeling?
I would have a vet check it out. There are so many bugs and other critters that could have caused it. Does it have any ring around it? Spiders and ticks, I think, have rings around the swelled area. Tumors whether benign or cancerous, generally, do not just pop up overnight. It also could be some kind of rash or infection, since it seems there is some redness in the area. Best to just take her to the vet and check it out.
Hope all goes well for Destiny.
Desy is doing great, or at least she seems to be doing great. I know it can be hard to tell if they aren't feeling good or if they are in pain because dogs hide it, but she is acting completely normal. She's her normal happy, hyper self! lol! The spot still looks the same, and no, it doesn't have a ring around it. It's just a reddish pink bump. It doesn't look or feel like a bite or a rash. I don't have any idea what it is? I am definitely going to get her in to see the vet asap. I'm going to call the vet first thing in the morning and hopefully they can get me in tomorrow, or at least by Tuesday. If not, I'm going to find another that vet can get her in because I am worried about her. I will let you know what the vet says as soon as we know. Thanks for the post!

Old 10-15-2007, 09:44 AM

114 posts, read 343,744 times
Hi, I've never posted on this board before. I just wanted to suggest, if you are close to a PetSmart, go to the Banfield pet hospital located within, and ask about their insurance plan for dogs. I have 3 rescues. As puppies, I always get the insurance for the first year. It ends up costing about 350.00 for the year,(paid over 12 months) it includes all visits, surgeries, vaccines etc. My 16 week old puppy was just neutered and I had him microchipped, it cost me about $50.00 total, $32.00 was for the microchipping! I will warn you, that they will try to sell you extra services if you are under the plan...just say no. Also, be sure to cancel prior to the one year mark...they won't call you, they will just renew it automatically. I have been very pleased with it, I paid $99.00 upfront and 21.00 a month. I have calculated my youngest pups vet bills so far (vaccines, checkups, neutering and microchipping) it adds up to about $1600.00! Of that, the non covered charges adds up to under $100.00 that I have paid out of pocket. It is a good deal for a puppies first year.

Old 10-15-2007, 03:18 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,282,516 times
Hoping for the best today, Mommie. I bet everything works out fine. There are too many good thoughts going your way!!

Old 10-15-2007, 03:46 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,694,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastra View Post
I found some article that talk about a dog having a lump on a belly. I HOPE IT IS NOT ANYTHING SERIOUS IN YOUR CASE!!!These are just informations...I HOPE she doesn't have tumor or anything like that...Take her to vet...

Lump on dog, is it servious? (http://www.qeok.com/dogs/2317-qeok.html - broken link)
This looks like a lump, my Bichon had, it was on her head, also the groomer spotted one. I was just, with all her fur patting her on the head when I felt it. She did not yelp, it not hurt, I put some gold bond powder on it. It got smaller, and went away. To me it looked like a big inflamed pimple. I guess
when your dog is at the vet I would have them take a look. Gold bond powder, I do
not think would do any harm. I think I have seem some people with this also, it looks like a growth, however, your dog is young.

I also do know, for female dogs, get them spayed, to pervent, cancer. That way hopefully, they will lead a long and healthy life.
if you check this : Bichon florida rescue, there was a dog, Abbey, I fell in love with her, but, as fate would have it, she was to go to a great home. Her foster mom then did discover, a lump, abbey had cancer, and died on 10-12-07 doing the Bichon wave to her foster mom. What they said if Abbey was fixed, this all, would not have been. Backract? I do think

Last edited by maggiekate; 10-15-2007 at 04:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs