Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 04:16 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,968,074 times

Advertisements

I live in a condo complex that has shared yards, and I get sick and tired of all the dog owners (I have a dog too) that don't seem to feel the need to pick up their dog poop. I just stepped in a pile today and tracked it into my condo.

Why are some owners idiots like this? And it's not because they don't have a bag, as I placed one outside tied to a firehydrant close to where the offenders let their dogs poop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2012, 04:28 PM

5,088 posts, read 12,534,012 times
These topic has been discussed here many times before . The answer is people are not responsible and it is usually in more areas of their lives then just cleaning up after the dog. I think when this subject is brought up here it is like preaching to the choir as most here seem like responsible dogs owners or else chances are they would not be here posting things about dogs.

To me to ask that question is no different then asking why do people leave trash all over as the answer is the same.

Old 12-01-2012, 04:31 PM

14,785 posts, read 23,946,607 times
Because some people are just as lazy with their dogs as they are their kids . We have a woman by where we live she lets her dog poop right in front of the mail boxes and when asked if she was going to pick that up she told me she did not have time cause she had to get her kids to school and there she was putting her kids in the van with the kids having bed heads . She has got to be the laziest person where we live . I think it just boils down to being lazy or not being lazy . If you dont have time to pick up the dogs poop then you should not have the dog .

Old 12-01-2012, 04:37 PM

4,486 posts, read 4,939,634 times
"Bed heads" that's funny!
Yes, lazy. Lazy.lazy.!!!!,

We always pick our dogs up.
Don't know how many times I have washed plastic bags in the laundry, cuz we forget to
Take them out of our pockets!!!,

Old 12-01-2012, 04:39 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,968,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
These topic has been discussed here many times before .
I tried using the search feature as well as double checked when I entered the title, and I didn't get any titles that expressly stated dog poop - so sorry if this topic has been beaten to death

Old 12-01-2012, 05:54 PM

1,015 posts, read 2,414,385 times
Its cool, just about every subject has been discussed numerous times or another. Some people feel they are above the law, others think their dogs poop just disappears......*roll

I dealt with the same thing when I rented despite the signs and bags everywhere for clean-up people were still oblivious. If you know who the person is video tape or camera sent it to the office.

Old 12-01-2012, 09:51 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,769,932 times
because didnt you knwo...
dog poop is magical, if you leave it on the rroud it activates a smal homing beacon that alets the poop faries as to its locaton for pick up and recycling into natural fule...

but in all serious its the same reason some men creat babies then refuse to be responsible...the same reason some people toss trash out their car window on the highway ect...lazyness and a lack of common deacency...that and its "gross" "beneath them" "poop bags wouldnt go with this outfit" "the neighbors would look at me weird" ect...

Old 12-02-2012, 12:56 AM

1,253 posts, read 3,622,013 times
There are those that litter and those that don't. There are those that care about their surroundings and those that don't...it's like smokers that use the ashtray in their cars and those that flick their lit butts out the window and it's been hot, dry drought conditions. It is the lack of common sense in many cases, lazyness in others.

I think you get my point...

Foxy, I am totally sadden to find out there really is no poop fairy. I am so bummed!

I love the idea of filming the offenders and giving a copy to the office or proper authorities. Poop-police! Stinky job, but someone needs to enforce it. Just like D.O.T. (Dept. of Transportation for truck drivers) State Troopers / highway patrolman for the rest of the motoring public, Border Patrol and everyone else that gets a bad rap for a job that is necessary but sucky like the IRS.

Irresponsible owners come in all shapes, colors and IQ's...and they make other owners pay. Whether it's not clean up after their dog, lack of socializing or training, having mal-adjusted dog or just being an absent owner we (the responsible ones) pay one way or another.

I get your rant, completely...and thanks for listening to mine!

Old 12-02-2012, 09:14 AM

553 posts, read 1,267,369 times
Maybe they are like the Honey Badger and just don't give a sh$t Or, in this case, pick it up!

Old 12-02-2012, 03:29 PM

32,480 posts, read 47,405,393 times
OP has discovered one of the reasons why so many landlords will not rent to people with pets.

Dog poop issue gets discussed on the rental forum if you are looking for other posts about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs