Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2012, 10:30 AM

2,391 posts, read 5,047,978 times

Advertisements

...is spraying my neighbor's yard and I'm worried. My dog a lot of times is digging by the fence like there is something there and hangs out there. Should I be concerned if this chemical is sprayed there could harm my dog~? YES, I'm concerned and what do I do. I can't control where he goes when he's out there. If I was to block it, there is another area too that is by our fence lines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 10:48 AM

I just talked to the neighbor & guy and he told me that "what they use isn't harmful and is less of an ingredient that the flea control we use on our pet. It is safe for kids and adults". But to me any chemical is harmful for animal.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:56 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,029,371 times
You know when those companies put out those flags on the edge of the lawn that say that the grass has just been sprayed and may be harmful to pets? It took me more than three years of walking Artie on those lawns to finally read one of those flags. I had a week of panic and wouldn't let him walk on those lawns (lest he then, later, lick his paws) before I realized, "Uh, he's been fine for the past THREE YEARS, so..."

I'm not saying that you shouldn't be vigilant. I'm just saying that I never thought to read the flags, Artie walked on those lawns all the time and is fine.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:17 AM

13,926 posts, read 39,292,628 times
I share your consern. Just had this conversation with my neighbor. She has Bedbugs! So Tomarrow they are comming to saturate her apt! [Wish they do mine!] Anyway she & her SO are leaving for 4 hrs per instructions. BUT she thinks its OK for her upstairs Neighbors tiny dog to stay home alone during this! YEP I worried for the little guy!

Old 12-20-2012, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I share your consern. Just had this conversation with my neighbor. She has Bedbugs! So Tomarrow they are comming to saturate her apt! [Wish they do mine!] Anyway she & her SO are leaving for 4 hrs per instructions. BUT she thinks its OK for her upstairs Neighbors tiny dog to stay home alone during this! YEP I worried for the little guy!
If your neighbor apt has bedbugs, then it is likely you or others next to her could have them as well since they spread.

Quote:
You know when those companies put out those flags on the edge of the lawn...
Oh, I know about those "little flags". I still think that there is harm to be done by putting chemicals on lawns. Every dog in this neighborhood sniffs on everyone's grass and the owners let them no matter what. And some don't pick up their "stuff" either. The guy was nice enough to tell me that there is no harm since it is less than what is put on the dogs monthly for their fleas. But then if that is the case, how can it really kill or take care of the bugs (or whatever) the problem is~?

Old 12-20-2012, 10:06 PM

According to the Internet Roaches Eat BedBugs so maybe they are some use after all hehehehe

Natural Enemies of Bedbugs | eHow.com

Old 12-22-2012, 10:11 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,753,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
According to the Internet Roaches Eat BedBugs so maybe they are some use after all hehehehe

Natural Enemies of Bedbugs | eHow.com
I'm passing on your information to a reliable source.

Old 12-22-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpathianPeasant View Post
I'm passing on your information to a reliable source.

Old 12-22-2012, 07:59 PM

hehehehe I had a roach problem since Mid March... Form April to June earwigs! I killed the earwigs then some one told me they would eat roaches ugh Not sorry I killed them tho cant stand earwigs! They pinch & scary since Star Trek Wrath of Kahn LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs