U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 04:33 PM

673 posts, read 2,915,908 times

Advertisements

I just found out tonight that my oh so "wonderful (not at the moment)" pooch put tear marks in my microfiber couch!!! They were done by his back claws, I can tell because of the hole punches. There are probably 5 or so and although small, I am still super upset!!! The couch is also a recliner and we do not have removable pillows on top like other couches. Its a light camel tan and I am blaming myself for not putting some type of throw on top of it. How could I NOT do that? But then again we've never had this problem!!!! I've had the couch since March and never had a problem! Ugh I'm devastated!!! Anyone know how I can possibly fix this or has anyone dealt with this at all???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2007, 05:23 PM
miu

17,105 posts, read 34,558,425 times
Can you post a picture of the damage? I guess you let your dog be on your furniture (as do I). I don't think a throw would have saved the fabric though. Letting my dogs and cats have the run of the house, I have given up on having nice new furniture...

What kind of dog do you have? Size and age?

Old 10-16-2007, 05:30 PM

1,738 posts, read 7,500,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi_Girl View Post
I just found out tonight that my oh so "wonderful (not at the moment)" pooch put tear marks in my microfiber couch!!! They were done by his back claws, I can tell because of the hole punches. There are probably 5 or so and although small, I am still super upset!!! The couch is also a recliner and we do not have removable pillows on top like other couches. Its a light camel tan and I am blaming myself for not putting some type of throw on top of it. How could I NOT do that? But then again we've never had this problem!!!! I've had the couch since March and never had a problem! Ugh I'm devastated!!! Anyone know how I can possibly fix this or has anyone dealt with this at all???
my friend has a 80 pound dog and a microfiber couch and he's never damaged it
Sorry that happened!

Old 10-16-2007, 05:48 PM

5,981 posts, read 16,295,855 times
Wow - I would be contacting the company that sold it to you. I have 120 lbs. Rottweilers that get on my couch when I'm not looking and they have yet to poke a hole in our couch, which we've had several years and hauled halfway around the world. I thought we got a "no puncture" warranty for some period of time when we bought ours...you might check with your dealer....

Old 10-17-2007, 12:20 AM

2,493 posts, read 3,264,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi_Girl View Post
Well, just look at it this way. Now you can relax because your beautiful couch is no longer new.... maybe you can relax, sit in it with your dirty bare feet and enjoy that glass of red wine.

Old 10-17-2007, 04:14 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,552,503 times
My Mastiff, Fiona decided to eat our little Italian leather couch. I loved that couch and so did Fiona.

Old 10-17-2007, 04:33 PM

93 posts, read 278,614 times
Yes, My beagle chewed a hole in my microfiber couch on the bottom. He saw how mad I was and never touched it again.

Old 10-19-2007, 10:18 AM

13,297 posts, read 25,488,421 times
Wow. When I saw the "Horrible!"" I thought there'd be some blood and a murder or mangled cat or something.
For heaven's sake, dogs are tough on various parts of the house, furniture, floor. Not that they can't be trained, but if the most "horrible" thing that happens is a torn couch, you live a charmed life.

Old 10-19-2007, 10:27 AM

5,981 posts, read 16,295,855 times
LOL! I thought the same thing when I saw the title, Bright! I figured a kitty had to be MIA or something.....but at the price of a good couch these days, maybe "horrible" is a good word to use! I just wish I could sit on my couch...too many dog bodies up there. I figure I invested $1800 in their comfortable hind ends.

Does anyone but me see something wrong with this picture???? Three dogs on the couch, one in each recliner, and two laying in our bed...I'd say THEY lead a charmed life!

Old 10-19-2007, 10:49 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 4,728,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
LOL!

Does anyone but me see something wrong with this picture???? Three dogs on the couch, one in each recliner, and two laying in our bed...I'd say THEY lead a charmed life!
Everyday in my own home !

I too, bought a brand new living room set, microfiber. Had it 2 months before the Coc k a too ate a whole in it. Can anyone say Blanket ??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or