U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 10:16 AM

1,286 posts, read 2,960,924 times

Advertisements

It's akin to cropping ears and docking tails.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 09:13 PM

8,623 posts, read 6,222,427 times
I take it no one who has posted knows much about showing dogs. An AKC judge would rather see balls on your male dog. They are known for holding the pedigrees of dog lineage and a papered male stud is $$$. You want to show a eunuch? You aren't winning many ribbons in that case. I don't show my bull terrier but I could stud him out, especially in an area where they are rare.

It's not for the dog's pride or lack of, it's a human thing.

Why do women who have mastectomies get implants?

Old 10-24-2015, 12:36 PM

1,752 posts, read 1,644,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
I take it no one who has posted knows much about showing dogs. An AKC judge would rather see balls on your male dog. They are known for holding the pedigrees of dog lineage and a papered male stud is $$$. You want to show a eunuch? You aren't winning many ribbons in that case. I don't show my bull terrier but I could stud him out, especially in an area where they are rare.

I understood neutered males could not be shown or competed except in the All American Dog category. I could see this being used to fool judges, but that market would be so small that this has to be being marketed to the Kardashian set, not the show dog people.

Old 10-26-2015, 04:21 PM

12,825 posts, read 20,057,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post

So to paraphrase, you are saying buy these and go cheat at the next dog show.

Old 10-31-2015, 09:49 AM

1,961 posts, read 1,559,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
So to paraphrase, you are saying buy these and go cheat at the next dog show.
Armory's comment above confused me too. I doubt few, if any, are using Neuticles to show their dog. What's the point if the awarded dog cannot be used for stud? Yeah, some folks just want the Ch on their dog but those are mostly people who are breed fanciers and would never dream of falsifying a dog to that extent. Grooming, powdering, strategic clipping, managing a poor temperament and even coloring, yes. Expensive and disqualifying surgery, no.

People do pay their vets to crop ears and dock tails. But that is mainstream for certain breeds and, though abhorrent to some, nearly fully accepted in the fancy. Besides any judge worth their salt whose hand lingers on the area would be able to tell the difference between real and fake nads.

Neuticles have been around forever and have yet to take off. Just a freakish oddity to appeal to macho types with money to throw around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs