Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 12:07 PM

5 posts, read 38,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBeachFL View Post
Just keep the cone on; make Dad put it on and you get to take it off.
That's what I've been doing and she's back to being mine so far today. Thanks again for all the help and advice!!!
Attached Thumbnails
spider bit my dog-img_20130101_104921.jpg   spider bit my dog-img_20130101_105039.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 03:47 PM

2 posts, read 2,228 times
Hi Tiffany, Im sorry for your little girl, I know it 's been a while that happened and also I do hope everything went alright, finally fully healed with none further issues. I came across to your post looking for some info regarding spider bites. Unfortunately my dog has been bitten and his wound is an inch deep and spreading. His vet prescribed steroids but none antibiotics since hi just recover from Erhlichia -poor soul - makes me feel so depressed watching him in such a state. He is a sweet boy.
Tiffany if you please tell me how was your girl treatment and more than anything, how was her recovery....slow...regular, how long did it take to her for the healing process? Any advice I will fully appreciate!
Regards,
Gaby.

Old 08-25-2013, 03:55 PM

2 posts, read 2,228 times
Hello everybody I just found this helpful thread. Unfortunately my poor boy has been bitten too. He has almost 2 weeks. Last night the area started to ooze gooey and this morning his has a big hole and most flesh around it is almost gone....Makes me cry. The vet has prescribed steroids but no antibiotics. Any advice will be dearly appreciated,
Gabriela.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:36 AM

2,288 posts, read 3,238,959 times
Such sad stories about your furbabies. Dumb ol' spiders! OP, there ARE brown recluses in CA., my sister was bitten by one there in the Riverside area. She went through a horrid, painful "recovery" for years and passed from a heart attack I blame on that dang spider.

I know Foxy said to leave the wounds alone, but I just read yesterday that coconut oil is good and safe for wounds on dogs. Just throwing it out there for others to decide for themselves. Hoping everyone's baby heals.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:39 AM

2,288 posts, read 3,238,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabySan View Post
Hello everybody I just found this helpful thread. Unfortunately my poor boy has been bitten too. He has almost 2 weeks. Last night the area started to ooze gooey and this morning his has a big hole and most flesh around it is almost gone....Makes me cry. The vet has prescribed steroids but no antibiotics. Any advice will be dearly appreciated,
Gabriela.

I cant imagine no antibiotics! I'd call the vet and demand them. That poor baby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs