U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 12:22 PM

12,387 posts, read 31,343,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSyddy View Post
i was referring to a veternarian...lol i thought that was obvious, but anyways, i kinda dont anything to do with this side of the forum and all the 'happy people' anymore

all input noted, i will continue research and decide best thing to do,

Sydney
Only thing a vet might tell you is what Breed Test need done But to be honest My vet told me to contact a Reptable Breeder No way he knows what each breed needs to Qulify as a Healthy Breeding for each animal.

When I got LadyBug my Papillon I contacted Several Papillon breeders to find out what they tested for What was Genitic problems in the Breed. Same with Katie Corgi My shelties collies rotties etc. Soo this makes me wonder Why or Have you contacted your dogs breeder for advice? Also Contact your dogs breed Breed Club!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 12:31 PM

321 posts, read 421,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmama50 View Post
The OP is clearly not going to listen to anyone's advice, she's obviously much smarter than any of us and we just can't comprehend her amazing intellect. We simply aren't listening to her perfectly rational explanation of how she is being responsible by not getting her dog neutered and letting him make puppies because her friends and family will surely adopt them since her dog is so cute.

Yes, the CD contributors here are clearly the stupid ones.

no, not all of them, just some please qoute me on where i said i was going to not listen to anyone. please...i'll wait...

.......still waiting.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:33 PM

3,181 posts, read 7,023,768 times
Quote:
no, not all of them, just some please qoute me on where i said i was going to not listen to anyone. please...i'll wait...

.......still waiting.
Here's your quote. When a person is not listening there is nothing to quote, because they are not listening!

Old 01-16-2013, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmama50 View Post
Here's your quote. When a person is not listening there is nothing to quote, because they are not listening!

this made no sense...at all

Old 01-16-2013, 12:42 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,026,115 times
She means there is nothing to message because you aren't/won't read/understand it.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:45 PM

568 posts, read 846,319 times
Quote:
this made no sense...at all

Neither do you. Multiple people have asked what breed of dog you have and you have yet to answer. Is this some kind of secret?

Old 01-16-2013, 12:50 PM

12,387 posts, read 31,343,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pentatonic View Post
Neither do you. Multiple people have asked what breed of dog you have and you have yet to answer. Is this some kind of secret?
I hoping it not one of those Mutss they call Designer Dogs UGH They Never Breed True!

Old 01-16-2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildnFree View Post
She means there is nothing to message because you aren't/won't read/understand it.
i wont understand my own quote? i asked her to quote me where i said i wouldnt listen to anyone, which i didnt say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentatonic View Post
why does it matter, when you all have decided i wont listen or understand?

Old 01-16-2013, 01:07 PM

1,699 posts, read 3,537,222 times
Quote:
what possible explanation could i have? well you are right, i did receive an overwhelming distaste for this subject, but no one is even listening to me. what i am saying is, im doing research. also, this is the first time i've ever heard people push back about this subject, so of course i am going to ask questions. what if the first place i looked, everyone said "yes sure go ahead and do it" wouldn't you appreciate my continued research? people are calling me irresponsible, but one thing i CAN tell you, is that a truly irresponsible person would not even do the research and wouldn't hesistate to just find any breed female. i have had the opportunity to put him with a female dog, but i specifically stated i want to research first.

its like you took all of your frustrations about homeless dogs out on me, when im the one actually doing research, so get off my back.
McSyddy, I actually see what you're saying with that last line there. I think all of us who have been immersed in the dog world for while and especially those of us who have been involved with Rescue do have an intense reaction to someone like you who wants to breed their very first dog. You have a right to be insulted or offended or hurt by what we've said. But make sure you're equally offended by those that are using psychology on you to make the very same points as the rest of us. Some here have been blunt, even harsh. Others have tried hard to be nice in their delivery. If you can only take in information when it is delivered in a way that makes you feel good, you'll miss out on a lot of really important information.

You know what it's like, when you are very experienced with something, you've seen a specific scenario a thousand times before, and then along comes yet another person presenting the identical scenario. You do lose a bit of patience after a while. But see that for what it is! It only means that we've seen this a thousand times before.

I know for me personally, a reason I've been kind of frantic on this thread is that you have a intact (un-neutered) male and I feel a sense of urgency to get him fixed! I bet you enjoy your dog very much. That is wonderful. I want you to just be satisfied with that, with him, and not need puppies. There will never be another dog like the one you've got. Breeding won't give you little clones of daddy. Just keep enjoying him, cherishing him, and please neuter him.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:11 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,026,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9coach View Post
McSyddy, I actually see what you're saying with that last line there. I think all of us who have been immersed in the dog world for while and especially those of us who have been involved with Rescue do have an intense reaction to someone like you who wants to breed their very first dog. You have a right to be insulted or offended or hurt by what we've said. But make sure you're equally offended by those that are using psychology on you to make the very same points as the rest of us. Some here have been blunt, even harsh. Others have tried hard to be nice in their delivery. If you can only take in information when it is delivered in a way that makes you feel good, you'll miss out on a lot of really important information.

You know what it's like, when you are very experienced with something, you've seen a specific scenario a thousand times before, and then along comes yet another person presenting the identical scenario. You do lose a bit of patience after a while. But see that for what it is! It only means that we've seen this a thousand times before.

I know for me personally, a reason I've been kind of frantic on this thread is that you have a intact (un-neutered) male and I feel a sense of urgency to get him fixed! I bet you enjoy your dog very much. That is wonderful. I want you to just be satisfied with that, with him, and not need puppies. There will never be another dog like the one you've got. Breeding won't give you little clones of daddy. Just keep enjoying him, cherishing him, and please neuter him.

*Sighs* Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or