U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 06:57 AM

1,930 posts, read 9,459,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
yeks to many PBMommys!!!
Hey! I was the first PitBullMommie on here! lol! I guess I could change mine to APBTmommie or MommieTo3APBTs... I think I like That one! lol! But that way it won't be as confusing, even though I was the first!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2007, 08:24 AM

216 posts, read 734,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbullmomi View Post
AND...

I another question, since everyone seems to think I dont care about the other dog, please tell me then what would help. Because obviously if they dont want the dogs they are not going to pay vet bills or seek any help for him. What I got from the owner (reading between the lines) is that she's just going to keep him around til he dies.

So again I am at a loss for ideas. I have never been in a situation like this. All I can do is keep trying to find a shelter or animal rescue org.
Poor thing The only think I can suggest is calling your local SPCA to see if they can help or refer you to a local group that can. Until the dog is checked out by a vet there's no way to know if medically something can be done for him. His quality of life right now sucks, and for him to stay in that situation until he just dies is so cruel (not on your part, on the owners). And this may sound cold to some, but there are worse things than being humanely euthanized so if there isn't anything that can be done for him, it may be a blessing for the poor soul.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:03 AM

Quote:
AND...

I another question, since everyone seems to think I dont care about the other dog, please tell me then what would help. Because obviously if they dont want the dogs they are not going to pay vet bills or seek any help for him. What I got from the owner (reading between the lines) is that she's just going to keep him around til he dies.

So again I am at a loss for ideas. I have never been in a situation like this. All I can do is keep trying to find a shelter or animal rescue org.
I never thought that you didn't care about the other dog. I was just simply saying that it sounds like the other dog needs the most help.

You said..
Quote:
As for the other dog, I am at a loss, I cannot call animal control with out pissing off my neighbors so I dont know what to do for him. So don't think that I dont care about that dog, but if I cant help him atleast I can help one of the dogs
I agree that it's good to help at least one of the dogs, if you really cannot help the other one too, but you can help the other one. I know that you don't want to upset your neighbors, I completely understand how that is, but that poor dog sounds like it needs to see a vet. If I was in your position I would definitely call animal services or the ASPCA and let them know about the other dog. They won't tell your neighbors that it was you that called and since you already went and talked to them about helping the APBT I doubt that they would think you called animal services on them after all of that. If the dogs owner can't get the dog to the vet and the dog really needs to see a vet they will help out. I personally wouldn't care what the neighbor thinks if that dog really needs help. The dog would be my main concern. I couldn't just not help the dog because I was worried about the neighbors getting mad. If you really think the dog needs help and you don't want to call, you can send me a DM or an e-mail with the city you live in and your neighbors address and I will look up the number for animal control in your area and call them, if you like. That way you can honestly say it wasn't you. Don't get me wrong, it's wonderful that your helping the APBT, but the other dog sounds like it needs help as well, you know?

Old 10-22-2007, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullMommie1206 View Post
Hey! I was the first PitBullMommie on here! lol! I guess I could change mine to APBTmommie or MommieTo3APBTs... I think I like That one! lol! But that way it won't be as confusing, even though I was the first!
I can't change my name? And if I can I can't figure out how to! lol! I want to change my name to MommyTo3APBTs or MommieTo3APBTs, that way there isn't two PitBullMommies, you know? Does anyone know if I can change it and if so, how?! lol!

Old 10-22-2007, 09:09 AM

Quote:
That is such a cute picture!
Thanks! That's like their sofa! They will play and play and play, and then all plop down on that sofa for a nap! lol! Don't they just look so dog aggressive?! lmao!

Old 10-22-2007, 10:33 AM

12,390 posts, read 31,357,488 times
Why because I am the only 1 that pointed out that you were not an animal lover..you only care for healthy animals not the ones that really need the help.

PBM1206 you just keep the name you were here 1st & have all rights to it!!!

Old 10-22-2007, 10:45 AM

1,913 posts, read 8,226,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullMommie1206 View Post
I can't change my name? And if I can I can't figure out how to! lol! I want to change my name to MommyTo3APBTs or MommieTo3APBTs, that way there isn't two PitBullMommies, you know? Does anyone know if I can change it and if so, how?! lol!

It is kind of confusing to see two pitbullmommies.......no offense pitbullmomi (#2) but why don't you look into maybe changing up your name?

PitBullMommie1206....I never did your whole name before...lol, I think if you ask someone like ***, you might get an answer...but if it were me, I'd keep the name, you had it first...

Old 10-22-2007, 11:08 AM

12,390 posts, read 31,357,488 times
Org Poster...You do have a choice. Since you [& the world] now knows they don't want the dog. 1 take the dogs to your house & get them to a vet esp the older dog...find out what is really wrong with him. Then you can find him a good home. I am sure that there are people here that would help spread the word. You could also post a pic & hopfully we could figure out his size & bred etc. nobody would need to call the animal control on the neighbors. & 2 check with your vet about rescues in your area. 3 look on the internet for rescues.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:34 PM

8,204 posts, read 32,165,539 times
Quote:
AND...

I think you're on the right track, but if you can't find a rescue group for the older blind dog, then I would say it is best to call the ASPCA or your local Animal Control.

I don't know how bad the mange is now, but it can get really, really bad and become torturous for the dog. It can be treated fairly easily, but somebody needs to do the treatment . One of my dogs had it when we found her. We did the treatments and today she's fully furred - you'd never know she ever had it (we caught it early enough too, of course, no disfigurement, only some fur loss).

Your neighbor sounds to be at least somewhat reasonable, she might be relieved if someone were to come and remove her dogs.

It's a sad story, and while I think we'd all like to hear a happy ending for both dogs, it sounds like there should at least be an ending, because certainly the dog with mange is sufferring and the Pit does not have a good future with your neighbor .

Old 10-23-2007, 02:05 PM

41 posts, read 32,721 times
Thanks again for all your answers, I am going to see the local vet to see if they can help, and if they can tell what is wrong with him. Alsoas for the the apbt, so far he seems to get along very well with my dog, but I was talking to the neighbors again and apparently, one of the apbt's parents was half mastiff half pit bull, so thats why he's so muscular. So I am still a little worried about the size/age difference, but like I said, I've fallen in love with the dog so if I can't take him, I will keep him until I find someone who will give him a GOOD home!

And Mom2five, I agree that as sad as it sounds, putting him to sleep would be better than living in misery. But I already suggested that, and the neighbor dismissed that idea right off the bat. I'm sure the vet would say the same thing, since he is old blind in one eye and missing ALOT of hair.

Now after all that, guess what else? Off the subject, but, there is a small cat that keeps coming around and laying on our cars and she is definitely preggers, so I asked the the landlord if he knew who's cat it was, and he said it was HIS!! And he doesn't want it cause he has two small children, but that an elderly lady down the street had said a while ago that she would take the cat. So now I'm going to have to get in touch with her and see if she still wants her, and some extra kittens too.

I had no idea I was moving into the neighborhood of unwanted pets! Holy crap!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs