Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 09:50 PM

1,738 posts, read 8,253,485 times

Advertisements

my puppy rules were broken this weekend.
he was allowed to go on walks w/o a leash .....ummmmmm NO!

Last edited by kelly3120; 10-21-2007 at 10:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2007, 12:52 AM

13,909 posts, read 39,097,416 times
Not sure I under stand.....

Old 10-22-2007, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Not sure I under stand.....
sorry didn't give details.
We went out of town and left doggie w/ someone at the house. A friend who I trust and knew she would spoil my babies. The most important thing is, pup must be on a leash at all times unless he's in the backyard or house. I let him off leash in the front yard w/ me, but he's not allowed to leave the yard off leash. Even if we run in the hood and I let him go a little I make sure he heels and the leash is dragging.

Friend took him for walks w/o a leash all weekend ....even tho I asked her not too. I blame it on just not knowing, but my dude will chase anything and he isn't misbehaving he's got a high prey drive ...but that could lead to SO MANY things that i don't wanna thing about. He's like a two year old, he doesn't look both ways before he crosses the street and the amount of things he chases. He did do everything she asked of him, which he should, so I am proud of that. He's trained pretty well, but I think the more you train the more you realize what you haven't proofed and need to train.

I'm leaving him w/ my mom from now on when we go out of town, which is once a year.

Last edited by kelly3120; 10-22-2007 at 07:21 AM..

Old 10-22-2007, 09:34 AM

2,493 posts, read 4,368,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly3120 View Post
sorry didn't give details.
We went out of town and left doggie w/ someone at the house. A friend who I trust and knew she would spoil my babies. The most important thing is, pup must be on a leash at all times unless he's in the backyard or house. I let him off leash in the front yard w/ me, but he's not allowed to leave the yard off leash. Even if we run in the hood and I let him go a little I make sure he heels and the leash is dragging.

Friend took him for walks w/o a leash all weekend ....even tho I asked her not too. I blame it on just not knowing, but my dude will chase anything and he isn't misbehaving he's got a high prey drive ...but that could lead to SO MANY things that i don't wanna thing about. He's like a two year old, he doesn't look both ways before he crosses the street and the amount of things he chases. He did do everything she asked of him, which he should, so I am proud of that. He's trained pretty well, but I think the more you train the more you realize what you haven't proofed and need to train.

I'm leaving him w/ my mom from now on when we go out of town, which is once a year.
good idea!

Old 10-22-2007, 11:56 AM

13,909 posts, read 39,097,416 times
Ouch!! glad he was not hurt! I would tell the friend how you feel about indangering your baby...Yes have your mom care for him in the future! give doggie hug from me!!!

Old 10-22-2007, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Ouch!! glad he was not hurt! I would tell the friend how you feel about indangering your baby...Yes have your mom care for him in the future! give doggie hug from me!!!
I wrote a long list of instructions and I am frustrated that they weren't followed, but I'm letting it go and never letting anyone but my mom watch him ever again. I didn't want to intrude because she was working this weekend and like all dogs,children etc he gets excited when we visit grandmas.

I will give him a hug for you!

I felt really bad(guilty) when she told me this like I had failed him, but he's healthy, happy and ok so I'm moving on. He might have been low key because we were gone, but still follow my rules, regardless of what you think.
I guess we live and learn.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:01 PM

ohhh Im the worse owner ever. I've been beating myself up ALL day about this and then I talked to my neighbor and she said pup was outside on his own sitting in the grass. The neighbor brought him in and said he needed to stay inside(ten points for the neighbor).

All I can say is saying my prayers paid off!!!!! I pray every night for my family and pets

I really took 6 months to feel this person out and made sure my husband was comfortable

...nothing happened move on....but I feel pretty guilty. I really thought this out and i'm usually a awesome judge of character. ..i still don't think her character is bad, I think I was mislead on her knowledge of doggies and following directions.

I know suck it up and move on ...i feel like a jerk!

Old 10-22-2007, 09:50 PM

1,257 posts, read 4,561,445 times
Be happy that your baby doesn't get hurt. My husband always claims that one of our GSDs is the best dog ever. He let her run out our home without a leash. I won't let him walk our dogs anymore. If I have to go on a trip, I will board them instead of letting my husband take care of them. I don't trust him with our dogs. What can I do?

Old 10-23-2007, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LingLing View Post
Be happy that your baby doesn't get hurt. My husband always claims that one of our GSDs is the best dog ever. He let her run out our home without a leash. I won't let him walk our dogs anymore. If I have to go on a trip, I will board them instead of letting my husband take care of them. I don't trust him with our dogs. What can I do?
Awh, I feel bad for you ...thanks for taking my focus off me
I don't know what you can do. That kinda sucks!

Old 10-23-2007, 12:27 PM

1,451 posts, read 2,472,001 times
phew good thing your little guy wasn't hurt. My dog was killed that way.. She was off the leash while I was on vacation and I got a call that my dog couldn't be found from the babysitter.. 3 days later we found her when we got home on a major highway hit by a car. I was devastated as I'd had her for 16 years and I'll always kick myself for not leaving her with my mom... But I have a new puppy now who needed a home really bad so it turned out okay.. Just alwayse be careful who you leave your puppies with
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs