Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2013, 03:32 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,078,069 times

Advertisements

Rare I know but we need to know about this and take precautions none of our pets ever cause such devastation. That's why when some people let their dogs run off leash or say "He won't bite" i want to throttle them.

Texas Woman's Legs, Fingers Amputated After Dog Bite - ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 05:01 PM

1,253 posts, read 3,634,291 times
Who would think a bite would go sepsis? Good info to know! Thanks for the post!

Old 01-20-2013, 05:35 PM

315 posts, read 563,957 times
Wow, that's scary! I wish the very best for her, honestly, what a tragedy though.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:36 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,587,684 times
Wow how weird that you just posted that as yesterday a friend down in Orange County ( CA) sent me a newspaper article about a man in Irvine CA that took his dog to a dog park and it got in a fight and he got bit breaking the fight up. He went to the doctor so did everthing right but he too was infected with this same bacteria. within days he was septic and in an induced coma on a ventilator, he lost both legs mid shin and quite a few fingers and part of his nose coming very close to dying. after all that he says dogs will remain a part of his life and he does not want the dog that bit him ( it was the other dog not his own) put to sleep. He is a true dog lover.

Old 01-20-2013, 07:09 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,552,954 times
Gave me the shivers. I had a friends dog bite me (it was a rescue and she did not know its history this time last year) and I did not go to the doctor because no punctures. My own dog accidentally did puncture my hand playing a ball game (one tooth - I am getting older and skin is thinner) and, I treated at home as well because it did not penetrate muscle. Eeeeeeeeek.

Old 01-20-2013, 07:11 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,315,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvABull.Denver View Post
Who would think a bite would go sepsis? Good info to know! Thanks for the post!
My parents' Siberian Husky, Zoey, is epileptic. Several years ago, she had a grand mal seizure. My dad reached down for her while she was seizing because she was banging her head against the wall, and in her disorientation during the fit, she bit him on the hand. It turned septic and had him in the hospital for a week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs