U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 09:51 AM

1,376 posts, read 1,853,161 times

Advertisements

He is absolutely adorable!!! He looks like a mix of lab and pit (both exceptional breeds if raised properly). If I could morph my daughter's roommates dog (pit) with our previous lab he would look like this. His ears definitely resemble lab and his face/snout looks like pit along with his body and paws. However like others have stated it is hard to truly tell when they are small pups. If you desire to keep him I truly hope it works in your favor because he is such a cutie!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 04:41 PM

26,424 posts, read 62,653,352 times
Did anyone suggest testing for a chip? I just skimmed some of the posts so I may have missed it. Most pet dogs have a chip in their ear that identifies the owner. Usually the local pound can scan it for free.

He sure is cute. Hopefully your vet can help with breed identification. Sometimes they can sometimes they can only guess. I would not keep any dog that is part pitt, too many bad experiences. I ahve enocountereed some that are sweeter than sweet and others that seem sweet right until they attack. Check with your city. Pitts are illegal in some places.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:33 PM

689 posts, read 1,233,464 times
My family fosters puppies. We got a litter that was thought to be pit/lab mix. One of them looked like a beautiful red-nose. We got them at 4 weeks old, and two of them, including the red-nose had parvo. The first pup didn't make it, but we were able to nurse the red one back to health. Of course, after that, she was mine! I decided to have her DNA tested, just curious what she was besides pit. She tested absolutely ZERO for pit or lab. Her primary breeds are doberman/rottweiler/boxer/GSD/dogue de bordeaux. I was surprised until I looked up pictures of red dobies with uncropped ears, and saw the strong resemblance. I love pits and would have been perfectly happy if she was pit. However, with laws and prejudices being what they are, I wouldn't identify a dog as pit, unless you were absolutely certain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs