Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 07:28 PM

1,696 posts, read 4,334,727 times

Advertisements

I'd be interested in how the cat forum folks would advise you! It seems to be more of an issue on the part of the cat, whereas the dog is being reasonably friendly and curious. I do know that body language signals such as ear position and tail movement can be opposite and therefor very confusing between the 2 species.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 07:46 PM

936 posts, read 2,061,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9coach View Post
I'd be interested in how the cat forum folks would advise you! It seems to be more of an issue on the part of the cat, whereas the dog is being reasonably friendly and curious. I do know that body language signals such as ear position and tail movement can be opposite and therefor very confusing between the 2 species.
yeah for example my cat was on a chair upstairs and my dog approached her with curiosity, tail wagging etc. and the cat starts hissing, growling, making scary cat noises..kind of freaks out my dog a little..he doesnt know what to do..keeps his distance..being an energetic barely 1 year old dog eventually gets excited..starts to play bow and jump up and down and bark and/or wine. but never really tries to bite or grab the cat but the silly cat doesnt run off or try to leave she just holds her ground and tries to slap him if he gets too close. eventually it just becomes too intense..too much barking jumping up and down and the cat getting stressed so i usually take the dog away from teh situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs