Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 10:01 AM

1,286 posts, read 3,480,203 times

Advertisements

This is how a lady in my neighborhood "walks" her dogs every day. Sometimes two of them are walking but one always seems to be in the stroller. She puts the other 2 in when I approach with my dog & kids.
Attached Thumbnails
talk about Baby-ing your dogs!-img_0674.jpeg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 10:39 AM

567 posts, read 1,012,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atina33 View Post
This is how a lady in my neighborhood "walks" her dogs every day. Sometimes two of them are walking but one always seems to be in the stroller. She puts the other 2 in when I approach with my dog & kids.
How are they getting exercise when they are being pushed in a stroller? That makes no sense.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:45 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,422,758 times
Really! She should get a baby doll for the stroller and let the dogs walk. Sounds a little screwy to me.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:14 AM

1,761 posts, read 2,098,381 times
I saw a guy do this at the park the other day but to his defense, he had two dogs, both looked pretty old. The basset hound was walking and the corgi was in the stroller. I stopped to talk to him because both dogs were so sweet looking I had do say hi--plus Sawyer was not barking, just wagging his tail and I asked him if he could meet his dogs. The man was very friendly and he explained to me that the corgi was very old and having difficulty walking but was other wise a happy, healthy dog and that he brings the stroller with him to the park should the corgi get too tired as he usually does not walk for too long but he feels bad leaving him at home and only taking the basset hound out so he brings to stroller so the corgi can be outside too. I thought it was kind of sweet. I guess, from his explanation, he usually walks them both and carries or pushes the stroller then when the corgi gets tired he continues to walk with the basset and puts the corgi in the stroller.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:43 AM

795 posts, read 4,537,776 times
You could just ask her. For example, if someone had asked me, beginning in 2006 when my shih tzu was nine and looked young but actually had mitral valve disease, I would have explained that he could walk for periods of time but then got very tired and needed to be carried home. The stroller saved my back and later, when he had spinal issues, his.

With this lady, one of the dogs has an e-collar on and may be on exercise restriction and she may put the other dogs in the stroller simply to be able to handle all three of them going in different directions when you pass. I don't know the answer, but I also don't assume that she's babying her dogs, that it makes no sense, or that it's screwy in any way...

Old 01-28-2013, 12:25 PM

639 posts, read 1,963,775 times
If you own small dogs, you get used to being attacked by other dogs while walking them. She is putting her dogs in the stroller in case your dog attacks them. You know your dog won't, but she doesn't and is just protecting her dogs. The one dog that is always in the stroller may be too old or injured to walk, and cries if left at home while the other two walk. Honestly, it seems like a good setup to me. I have to leave my old dog at home when walking and eventually she stopped crying at being left behind.

Did you ask before taking a picture of the lady's dogs? It's kind of creepy to just take pictures of people you meet while walking...

Old 01-28-2013, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee188 View Post
If you own small dogs, you get used to being attacked by other dogs while walking them. She is putting her dogs in the stroller in case your dog attacks them. You know your dog won't, but she doesn't and is just protecting her dogs. The one dog that is always in the stroller may be too old or injured to walk, and cries if left at home while the other two walk. Honestly, it seems like a good setup to me. I have to leave my old dog at home when walking and eventually she stopped crying at being left behind.

Did you ask before taking a picture of the lady's dogs? It's kind of creepy to just take pictures of people you meet while walking...
I did "ask" her if I could take a photo by pointing at the dogs and then at my phone/camera. (:

And you're right---I think she puts them back in to protect them but if anything, it's my dog that needs protecting. This trio is a loud yappy bunch!

Old 01-28-2013, 01:01 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,586,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersmom View Post
I saw a guy do this at the park the other day but to his defense, he had two dogs, both looked pretty old. The basset hound was walking and the corgi was in the stroller. I stopped to talk to him because both dogs were so sweet looking I had do say hi--plus Sawyer was not barking, just wagging his tail and I asked him if he could meet his dogs. The man was very friendly and he explained to me that the corgi was very old and having difficulty walking but was other wise a happy, healthy dog and that he brings the stroller with him to the park should the corgi get too tired as he usually does not walk for too long but he feels bad leaving him at home and only taking the basset hound out so he brings to stroller so the corgi can be outside too. I thought it was kind of sweet. I guess, from his explanation, he usually walks them both and carries or pushes the stroller then when the corgi gets tired he continues to walk with the basset and puts the corgi in the stroller.

There is a pug that use to come to the dog park that has bead hips so his owner brings him over in a stroller and takes him home in it that way he is able to run around and say hello to all his dog friends and not go home in pain from over doing it.

But I have also know a person that has two healthy young dogs and takes them out for a walk in a stroller " because they llike it" I do not really get that as I think dogs like people need exercise to live a long happy life . Her dogs want to be carried every where now...sad very sad.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:41 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,618,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atina33 View Post
And you're right---I think she puts them back in to protect them but if anything, it's my dog that needs protecting. This trio is a loud yappy bunch!
Just because they're a "loud yappy bunch" doesn't mean they would bite anyone. I have a yappy Yorkie who's all talk. She runs and hides at the slightest thing, but will bark her little brains out. I've had run ins with leashed dogs with her before so I totally understand the stroller! I've been lucky with unleashed dogs, but I don't trust them either. Too many issues with other dogs to trust any that aren't mine.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:49 PM

I know, I know. I was just making light of the scene---my larger dog being a bit intimidated by this bunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Just because they're a "loud yappy bunch" doesn't mean they would bite anyone. I have a yappy Yorkie who's all talk. She runs and hides at the slightest thing, but will bark her little brains out. I've had run ins with leashed dogs with her before so I totally understand the stroller! I've been lucky with unleashed dogs, but I don't trust them either. Too many issues with other dogs to trust any that aren't mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs