Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: New subforum for competition or fun?
Agility 3 18.75%
Carting/pulling 1 6.25%
Flyball/Frisbee 2 12.50%
Obedience 6 37.50%
Showing 4 25.00%
Work competition - hunting, tracking, iron dog 3 18.75%
All of the above 8 50.00%
Dock diving 1 6.25%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 07:23 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,270,385 times

Advertisements

Wondering if anyone would be interested in a subforum for dogs for competitive type events to learn about the different types and share knowledge.

Schuntzhund would not be a part of this forum, as this is a very professional field and there are many websites and professional trainers better suited to give advice on that topic. Please vote for the ones you are interested in!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2007, 07:33 AM

575 posts, read 3,694,460 times
So many people from around the world visit this forum, and these types of activities are very popular.

Agility is great. I love seeing my dogs having fun.

In Europe cart pulling is popular and that activity interests me.

Old 10-20-2007, 07:56 AM

960 posts, read 1,687,449 times
I would be interested in learning about all different types of dog events. Does anyone know what the name of the competition is called when they put small scent breeds inside a tunnel and make them find a caged rabbit at the end of the course?

Old 10-20-2007, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbondated View Post
I would be interested in learning about all different types of dog events. Does anyone know what the name of the competition is called when they put small scent breeds inside a tunnel and make them find a caged rabbit at the end of the course?
I think you're talking about earthdog trials? That's actually an underground tracking method, but it's the only thing I can think of...I assume you are talking an underground tunnel, or not?

Earthdog trial - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-20-2007, 08:11 AM

Exclamation Added dock diving...

If anyone that has already voted is interested in dock diving, you can post here or DM me and I'll add it to the results. Completely forgot it on the first go-round.

Old 10-20-2007, 09:16 AM

1,587 posts, read 7,526,217 times
I voted working competition even though have not done feild trials in years did that in my coon hunting days always a good time.

I do tracking/trailing but not competition,I am into Search and Rescue and if anyone out there be nice share training ideas and such.

Dock dogs is big here in my area suprised no votes yet.

Earthdog trials is what you were talking before watched on TV looks like fun.

Old 10-20-2007, 10:30 AM

13,926 posts, read 39,292,628 times
I think that there should be a forum for the bully breeds [pits etc]!
I also voted for all of the above!!

Old 10-20-2007, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I think that there should be a forum for the bully breeds [pits etc]!
I also voted for all of the above!!

Well, we could subforum ourselves to pieces...but there seems to be enough interest in doing things with our dogs for fun and competition and show that there might be the chance of a subforum.

This will still have to go before Admin - it is not a done deal by any means...just seeing where the interest lies. I have to admit that Pets is getting much more traffic these days and between this and the other forums I moderate it just seems like we're all over the board and threads keep morphing into something totally off topic. As long as we can still see the headlights from the original post in the morphing mix I really have no objection, but "dogs" is a pretty broad arena!

Could I take this opportunity to ask everyone to stay on track with a thread - if you need to go off topic, please start a new thread. It makes it so much easier to follow and to search for information if it is contained rather than having to hunt and peck for whatever it is you're looking for? Also, if you will make your thread titles fairly specific it will help anyone who is looking for info on a particular topic.

I love the flow of info - I also love that *most* of the time we have a pretty cohesive group that keeps their manners about them. I appreciate it - more than you will ever know!

Old 10-20-2007, 12:39 PM

575 posts, read 3,694,460 times
Hey I searched those pull carts, like a donkey cart... lol oh I would love my boy to Cart pull.

Old 10-20-2007, 03:00 PM

1,179 posts, read 8,710,382 times
I voted for all since it would be great to discuss any of them. I assume we could talk about any competition other then whats listed? Besides SCH or anything illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs