Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 10:04 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,602,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
Actually, about two weeks before the recall my dog, who is very much into his dog food, refused to eat food from a new bag of TOTW. I smelled it and it was rank. I had been feeding this food for two years and it was very different. It was well within its expiration date and provided by a vendor who has always supplied me with fresh food. I never heard back on the outcome of any testing, by the way....FWIW it was manufactured at that particular plant per the bag code.
Same here - overwhelmingly rank. My dog will eat anything so still wanted it. I emailed their vet in case it was spoiled and she said it was probably the chicken meal, but safe. Then the recall, so I switched to Wellness Core. then my dog developed an allergy that had her nonstop licking her butt and she went on Royal Canin allergy...

Anyway, I'd assumed she was allergic to the Wellness Core, but I recently tried to switch her back to TOTW thinking by now everything was all worked out, and she scratched like crazy. Out with the TOTW. It used to be great and maybe still is but I think they must have changed some formulation/started using iffy chicken meal, so it won't work for us.

Now my dog is on Cal Natural Kangaroo and Lentil, but she seems to dislike it, so the search continues. I'm about to try her on the fish one.

The TOTW was the bison/venison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 05:46 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,553,903 times
The bison is the one i has that was so bad...yes....i have been very very happy with natures logic for about eight months now

Old 02-12-2013, 09:19 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,860,312 times
the gas issue is actually normal with richer foods... little dried parsely will take the rnk smell right out

Old 02-13-2013, 05:04 PM

1,253 posts, read 3,634,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
I quit TOTW after the most recent Diamond Brands recall because I got to reading their idea of a quality system and decided they truly did not have an idea of quality management.

Blue has a good reputation but was the brand implicated in the recall where a massive overdose of vitamin D was added. The thing I don't like about Blue is that nobody has a clue where it is manufactured and the company does not reveal that

So I am just feeding Nature's Logic and quite happy. Have to mail order it......but we have done very well on it
I just did a web search - "Blue Buffalo Dog Food, Plant location"

The Pet Food List. Pet Food information, manufacturers, products, ingredients, cat, dog food.

CJ FOODS
Manufactures dry and pouch foods
C.J.Foods, Inc.
P.O. Box 348 - North Highway 50
Pawnee City, NE, 68420
402-852-2341 or 785-336-6132

Locations: Bern, KS; Pawnee City, NE

Foods manufactured:
All American Pet Company
Blue Buffalo
Burns Pet Health, Inc.

Blue Buffalo - Wet food (Canned)

AMERICAN NUTRITION
Manufactures wet and dry foods

http://anibrands.com/File/View/e3815...5-86680db2c12e
It's in Utah, area code (801) Ogden or SLC, maybe...

Foods manufactured:
Blue Buffalo (canned foods)
Breeder's Choice
Canine Caviar (canned foods)
Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul (canned foods)
Diamond Pet Foods (wet foods)
Harmony Farms (wet foods)
Kirkland Signature Premium Dog
Mulligan Stew
Natural Balance (baked dog treats)

Hope that helps!

Old 02-14-2013, 12:39 AM

1,253 posts, read 3,634,524 times
I buy the Blue Buffalo - Wilderness. On the back of the bag, it has the addy:

Blue Buffalo Company, Ltd. produces and markets dog and cat food products for customers in the United States. It offers dry and canned food for dogs and cats, and treats for dogs that contain vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Blue Buffalo Company Ltd. was incorporated in 2002 and is based in Wilton, Connecticut.
444 Danbury Road
Wilton, CT 06897
United States

Phone: 203-762-9751
Fax: 203-762-2526

http://www.bluebuff.com Blue Buffalo...mparison Tools

Old 02-23-2013, 12:37 PM

807 posts, read 2,515,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
The only problem I ever had with Blue Buffalo when I fed kibble was the most dreadful gas you could ever imagine...I'm talking burn-the-inside-of-your-nose bad. Never again. With 7 dogs in one room I was scared to light a match.
We feed our Corgi Blue Buffalo. Every once in a while he will let one fly,and you talk about silent but deadly.

Chevy has done really good on Blue Buffalo since we switched him in the last part of 2010. We fed him Science Diet for the first year and a half of his life. He got to where he wouldn't eat it,and he seemed to vomit pretty regularly on it. We tried several varities of Science Diet before we switched. We didn't realize how not good Science Diet is!

We started Chevy out on Life Protection Formula,and we switched flavors when he seemed to tire of one. He loved it from the get go though! We switched him to Freedom grain free about a year or so ago. He absolutely devours the stuff! His coat looks nice,and his stools are good also. He still rips stinkers every once in a while though.

We feed him Wilderness treats as a special treat once a day or so. He loves them too.

I have no qualms about this brand. It's a little pricey,and the nearest place to buy it is 30 miles away. We go that way pretty regulary so it's no biggie on that. No cost is too much for your canine friend though huh? Not to us!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs