Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 08:33 AM

1,587 posts, read 7,524,248 times

Advertisements

Jasmine....breeder in Missouri

Stormy ....breeder here in Wisconsin bought for stud as nobody studs out there bloodhounds that are what I use for (show people or scabs)

Thunder ....rescue worked with found him in kill shelter in Georgia asked if wanted said sent pic was on road could not look and he had 50 minutes to live so had wife look and she called me and said looks like a pure do you want him? Said make decision as not home and her reply " Better want him as he already going to airport to fly up here"

Rosie ....one out of litter between Stormy and Jasmine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2007, 09:15 AM

575 posts, read 3,693,922 times
Mal's, A trainer/breeder, lots of research, information, meeting parents who the breeder had gone to Belgium and hand picked then transported back and bred, researching the heritages/lines, grandparents, great-grandparents and further back in the bloodlines, etc,. and local, so I could see what I was getting.

Old 10-21-2007, 09:18 AM

181 posts, read 1,076,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by APBT_Samara View Post
Interesting story AZ91, how old is he now?
5 1/2 years old now.

Old 10-21-2007, 09:32 AM

422 posts, read 1,362,092 times
I found my dog Chipper on petfinder.com..He was listed as a lab mix but I think he has more hound in him. He was a rescue from the local Animal Control who found him covered in fleas and ticks in the woods. A wonderful family, Randy and Christy and their son, fostered him for the local county Humane Society. I originally was looking for a small toy breed dog but kept going back to Chipper's picture/bio. I applied for Chipper, and then went to meet him. When I saw him, i just get thinking I hope they approve me to adopt him. I got him when he was about 3-4 months and we have now been together for 3 yrs. He has helped me in so many ways. I am a single female and he keeps me from getting too lonely since we moved back to MD 2 yrs ago. I often think of adopting another dog but I must first move out of this apt. I was very fortunate b/c he is such a wonderful dog (especially for being my first dog!!!)

Old 10-21-2007, 09:39 AM

1,451 posts, read 2,488,749 times
I got my dog Charlie Brown , toy poodle 1 yr old. in October of last year after I went on vacation to New Hampshire. I had a dog Lisa, toypoodle 16 years old., and could not take her with us.. I got a phone call the morning I went to go pick her up that she has escaped from the babysitters and could not be found.. We found her on a major highway, she had been hit by a car and killed. I was devastated and for a long time did the what if I just taken her with me deal. But I had her for 16 years and she had a good life so thats how I have to look at it.. Charlie was a rescuse, he was being horribly abused and starved when I got him.. He is now a chubby happy puppy...

Old 10-21-2007, 03:09 PM

1,738 posts, read 8,274,012 times
cody-roo is a pound puppy we found two year ago. We got him from animal services.
My husband didn't want a dog and I finally broke him with "you have the choice of a dog or baby right now" and he said "go get a dog babe".
He was in there ten days and i was notified by a rescue that he was there and I went to get him. I was told he was a sheltie, but I wasn't sold on that as we all know he's a aussie(maybe some mix of b.c. in there). I picked him up 5 days later and they got him fixed(but called every day to make sure they didn't give away my puppy) ...went to get him and have had him since. He gave me a fat lip on the car ride him, and tricked me into thinking he was potty trained until I got in the bathtub. Once I got in the tub he came in there wagging his tail and peed on the tub(haha!) ...took 2 days to get training down.They said he was a year, but then he grew and gained ten pounds so they were wrong. The vet said he was around 6 months. He's 2 1/2 now and an angel.

Old 10-21-2007, 03:46 PM

1,179 posts, read 8,709,008 times
These are all great stories!!! I'm glad to hear so many people are so dedicated to saving an animals life. Some of them are also very interesting stories too.

Old 10-21-2007, 06:45 PM

1,587 posts, read 7,524,248 times
The rescue I have Thunder that came from Georgia was so abused..BB in ear, BB between eye and ear, and buckshot in rib..He has scar on back leg like a inch wide where must had been tangled in something and he did not know what love was. He is no good for SAR as now just wants to be petted by anyone he see's, but I have bad knee's and when go to get off couch he is there so can hold on to him while get up so I saved his life he helps make mine easier.

Old 10-21-2007, 06:51 PM

396 posts, read 1,698,255 times
I gpt sebago from a breeder up near the PA/NY border. She was beautiful while golden retriever puppy. She is now 13 and is a faithful old friend. She has watched our children grow, put up with our cats and is the nicest dog ever.

Old 10-21-2007, 11:47 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,275,326 times
I got Katie thru the internet...the breeder had know idea how she got there. Seems the she put the ad in her local paper & the paper posted the adds on the internet. So when I called about her the breeder quite surprised! So she emailed me this huge pic of her & after a few hours of us talking a deal was reached [guess she approved me!] She lives near the OH border in WV I live Near the MD/VA lines in WV Basicly across the state from each other. Well lucky for me her daughter that lives near me was going home the following weekend. She brought Katie to me after her visit. Katie was 4 months old she is 2 1/2 now & the best purchased puppy in 20 years!!! [All my others were from my own breeding lines!]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs