U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2007, 06:57 PM

409 posts, read 2,543,159 times

Advertisements

I have an 11 yr old shih ztu, always active, eats well, loves to go for walks etc and 6 mos ago was very sick and after xrays she had gas and an elevated liver function that they said was normal for her. Now 6 mos later, same thing, throwing up each nite till i got her into the bland diet and she stopped but something is still not right. She's fine and then very quiet after 6 and keeps stretching her back legs. Over and over until she just lays somewhere and stays there. It's sad although pain doesnt seem to be involved. I rubbed her legs on purpose to see if she had a reaction and she didnt. I have no problem calling the vet but want to know what you all think. Could gas cause this? We are giving her pepcid ac 10mg twice a day during this per the vet. I hope nothing is wrong with her back legs but she seemed fine all day. I hate this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2007, 07:05 PM

960 posts, read 1,355,351 times
I'm sorry mimosa. I wish I had some answers for you. I have not been in that situation. If you still feel that your dog is not quite right, then I would have her examined again. If you are not satisfied with your current vets answers, then you can always make an appointment with another vet. I wasn't happy with the first two vets I had for my dog and finally found one who put my dog on the correct medications with much fewer side effects. I hope your dog feels better very soon.

Old 10-25-2007, 06:31 PM

409 posts, read 2,543,159 times
Took her to the vet yesterday. He couldnt find anything physically wrong and thinks she has gastritis. I can believe that, she is a nervous dog and stress can cause it. I've heard her stomach bubbling sometimes. Gas can cause pain and she's on pepcid ac 10 mg twice a day and gonna try a new food that is calmer to the stomach. She hated it today so we will see. Seems a little better thank god, i've been nuts over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or