U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2013, 04:49 PM

1,286 posts, read 2,960,924 times

Advertisements

Nana: A Clever Dog - Best Videos Daily | EdisProduction.de | Best Videos Daily | EdisProduction.de
Kind of long but you get the general idea after just a few minutes.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2013, 07:23 PM

43,012 posts, read 91,989,470 times
Fantastic! I got tears in my eyes watching that. I grew up with border collies and shelties.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:57 PM

246 posts, read 225,246 times
Loved this video, what a smart dog

Old 02-25-2013, 05:30 AM

16,487 posts, read 21,010,430 times
Border collies are very smart dogs and that proves it.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:35 AM

3,339 posts, read 7,542,288 times
Every dog I ever have will be at least part border collie. I absolutely adore them -- so much fun!

Old 02-25-2013, 09:06 AM

1,286 posts, read 2,960,924 times
My dog is probably part border collie. Once when explaining her possible lineage to a woman at a dog park I said something like "Well, she's part BC but just not as intense." The woman replied "Thank god!"

I think they are amazing dogs but I'm just not smart or energetic enough to keep up with one.

Old 02-25-2013, 03:19 PM

43,012 posts, read 91,989,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atina33 View Post
I think they are amazing dogs but I'm just not smart or energetic enough to keep up with one.
Me neither! When I first watched the video, I got sentimental and thought it would be nice to have one. Then I realized that I wouldn't have the energy, being in my late 40s. I'm amazed my parents had the energy to train them and keep them mentally stimulated. Great dogs for the right household.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:02 AM

3,563 posts, read 5,704,572 times
Fantastic dogs for the right type of owner but also one of the worst possible choices (at least as far as herding breeds) for people who are not fully prepared for the challenge.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:17 AM

3,413 posts, read 5,106,232 times
I so enjoy watching other people's high energy BC's doing all kinds of great stuff.

Thanks for the fun.

Old 02-26-2013, 04:21 PM

1,401 posts, read 838,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
I so enjoy watching other people's high energy BC's doing all kinds of great stuff.

Thanks for the fun.
LOL...I love the bold text in this not-so-subliminal message!

I've seen this video before and am so in awe of Nana and of the person who trained her. I could only hope to aspire to accomplishing this with a dog! It's absolutely amazing.

Oh, and I am owned by a 2-yr-old border collie. Some days I think Izzy is one of the smartest dogs in the world; others, I sorta compare him to the little kid in the movie "Parenthood"...the one who wears a bucket on his head and goes around running into walls. For instance, in the early mornings I take Iz out to an old parking lot and toss his toy over a chain link fence, just to give him a good run before I head off to work. There's a huge snow pile on the other side of the fence, so he has to run the length of the chain link, then make his way up over the snowbank to fetch his toy. That was working well until a couple of days ago, when he discovered that instead of running all the way back around the fence with his toy, all he had to do was stand on the snowbank and chuck it over the fence at me.

However, three different times now, he has fallen off my bed in the middle of the night. The first time it happened I was sound asleep - and being someone who now has to wear hearing aids, once I'm asleep it takes something LOUD to wake me up. Well, around 2 a.m. one morning I was startled out of my sleep upon hearing an enormous THUD! on the floor...opened my eyes and saw Izzy lying on the floor and shaking his head, looking around as if to say, "Wha....what just happened???" As I said, he's since done it on three separate occasions, and I finally discovered why. For some strange reason Izzy loves to dangle his legs over the side of the bed when he sleeps. So in the middle of the night, with the slightest shift of his weight, my weird little border collie goes tumbling off the bed and onto the hardwood floor. You'd think after this many times he'd realize that he should sleep more toward the middle of the bed, but nope...every night, it's back to dangling over the precipice once again.

btw, this is my little weirdo in one of his quieter moments:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or