Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 11:31 AM

3,339 posts, read 9,353,821 times

Advertisements

Karma takes forever to poop. She assumes the position and stays like that forEVER. She isn't straining or having problems. She just stays like a statue. One time I suggested to my husband that we get her a magasine, and he said, "Get her a copy of Moby Dick." One thing is for sure. We'd better keep her hip joints healthy if she's going to continue to do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2013, 12:47 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
Well my little Cheeky is a true American dog, even though he has been an illegal alien dog here in Canada ever since we brought him here from where we found him in Alabama.

Thr weird thing he does is when we watch a hockey game together and we are playing some American team, Cheeky puts his little paw over his heart when they sing the Star Spangled Banner.

Old 03-09-2013, 01:53 PM

3,339 posts, read 9,353,821 times
I don't know if this is weird, it might just be a breed thing. You tell me! Karma is fast -- really really fast. She streaks out after a ball and on her way back, she does a funny trot that serpentines back and forth, around in circles, back and forth, and she plods along in a kind of thud-a-dunk-thud-a-dunk way that makes us LOL. If she runs 200-ft to retrieve a ball, she takes about 1000 feet on her way back to us, until we call her, and then she comes in a straight line.

She is definitely a shepherd mix, most likely with lab, maybe a bit of some sort of collie.

Old 03-09-2013, 04:58 PM

1,322 posts, read 3,474,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I have posted this before but, still it is the weirdest.

Our two labs were in a car......going though the auto-wash.

At the end.....they BOTH shook off as if they were wet.
That is hilarious!

Old 03-09-2013, 11:27 PM

44,258 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Oh, my big dogs like to sit on furniture.
We don't like that.

Well, recently, a friend of ours gave us a little stuffed animal wolf (as a joke about something we saw in Sedona).

We noticed over time that the dogs didn't sit on the furniture the wolf was on.
It occurred to us they thought maybe that was another dog already sitting there.
They never sit on the same furniture together. Pillows and other stuffed animals don't bother them. But another dog = no no on the chair/couch.

To this day (2 years later), they won't sit on any chair the stuffed wolf is on.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:29 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Our Presa Canario, Happy, likes to run laps at high speed around the dining room table.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:25 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,144,742 times
He likes to lay on his back for long periods of time. Even the cats think he is nuts and will come over to sniff him, making sure he is still alive.

Attachment 108537

I think he wishes he was a small dog. He rarely lays in the larger bed. The beagle doesnt mind.

Attachment 108538

Last edited by fallingwater; 03-18-2013 at 01:09 AM..

Old 03-10-2013, 12:45 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
I think he wishes he was a small dog. He rarely lays in the larger bed. The beagle doesnt mind.

Attachment 108538
That's hilarious!

I need to read the other responses tomorrow. Gotta start a thread about nightmares and then get some sleep myself.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:13 PM

6,472 posts, read 6,678,064 times
Here's another Lily the Maltese story:

Lily is well-trained regarding no begging at the table during our dinner. She very politely lays by our feet at every meal.

Recently, hub was out of town, so I decided to eat my dinner in the family room in front of the TV. My dinner plate was on the coffee table (much lower than a dining room table of course). I heard Lily scratching at the back door and barking, her signal that it's potty time. I got up to let her out, and when I got to the back door, she ran away as fast as she could. She zoomed right to that coffee table and snatched an entire piece of my pork roast off my plate! Her "potty plea" was a complete ploy to get me to leave my plate unattended!!! I thought that was rather clever on her part, although of course completely naughty!!! Such a Stinker-Dog!

Old 03-10-2013, 04:05 PM

687 posts, read 1,494,158 times
Cookie, my almost 9-year-old "chikengese", has always loved peanut butter in her Kong. As she's gotten up there in age, she doesn't like to bother with manipulating the Kong anymore. She will sit and stare at the Kong, then stare at me, back and forth. She'll only go for it when I hold the Kong for her, like an ice cream cone. Yep, she's the spoiled one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs