Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 01:33 PM

440 posts, read 867,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I got another one. I can't believe I forgot this. My older dog Cooper cannot stand an open door anywhere. Especially cupboard doors. If you leave a cupboard door open in the kitchen at his level, he'll slam it shut with his paw. Same with drawers. But if you leave one up high open, he'll bark at it until you close it. Crazy dog!
I totally want this dog-if only I could get the people in this house to shut doors/drawers and cupboards-they think we live in a barn!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2013, 02:12 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sossie View Post
I totally want this dog-if only I could get the people in this house to shut doors/drawers and cupboards-they think we live in a barn!
LOL! It's not always ideal. We left one day and left the bathroom door open. Well, of course old Cooper went right in there and shut the door but only problem is that he was inside. So he was inside the bathroom all day long. I didn't say he was the brightest dog in the world!

Old 03-12-2013, 02:14 PM

440 posts, read 867,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
LOL! It's not always ideal. We left one day and left the bathroom door open. Well, of course old Cooper went right in there and shut the door but only problem is that he was inside. So he was inside the bathroom all day long. I didn't say he was the brightest dog in the world!
At least he had water!

Old 03-12-2013, 04:40 PM

687 posts, read 1,494,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Dogs are so funny. My dog won't eat unless I'm in the same room with him. No idea why. Last night he wanted to eat dinner, but I wanted to be in the bedroom. Anytime I walked out to the living room he'd go hurry and eat a few bites, then race back into the bedroom. I have a recliner he hates too. He refuses to sit in it with me and if I sit in it he stares at me. He wants me sitting on the couch with him where he like to sit. I think he's a bit spoiled.
Peanut doesn't like my recliner either. She's too big to be a lap dog, so she's a feet dog. When I first sit down she has to lie down on BOTH of my feet. After awhile, she'll move onto the cat's pillow (not her own bed), then I can put my feet up.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:13 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,172,168 times
My dog is a rescue mutt and is elderly and deaf. Whenever I get the vacuum out of the closet, she immediately goes to her food dish and eats any uneaten kibble she left in it. She's not the best eater so sometimes I actually get the vacuum out just so she'll eat. I know it's not the noise as she can't hear a thing, but somehow she almost seems like she knows the vacuum could suck up those last few bites right out of her bowl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs