Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 10:17 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eresh View Post
Now I have two huskies that are an endless source of amusement. The older one taught the younger how to toss her own tennis ball into the air and catch it. (It's not quite as funny when they toss it into the tv or the mirror)
But it's awesome they learned "catch" without human involvement!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Both my smooth and rough would guard the frisbee if they were tired and didn't want me to throw it again. What's that about? How about if you're tired, you still bring it back to me, but if I throw it, you don't go after it? Nope. If it's thrown, it MUST be chased and caught, so the only answer to fatigue is keeping the frisbee away from me.
Collies feel obligated to chase things!

Old 03-11-2013, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaMcG View Post
Karma takes forever to poop. She assumes the position and stays like that forEVER. She isn't straining or having problems. She just stays like a statue. One time I suggested to my husband that we get her a magasine, and he said, "Get her a copy of Moby Dick." One thing is for sure. We'd better keep her hip joints healthy if she's going to continue to do that.
I wish my hound would stay in one place. He walk-squats all around the yard before he finally decides it's "time."

Old 03-11-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Well my little Cheeky is a true American dog, even though he has been an illegal alien dog here in Canada ever since we brought him here from where we found him in Alabama.

Thr weird thing he does is when we watch a hockey game together and we are playing some American team, Cheeky puts his little paw over his heart when they sing the Star Spangled Banner.
Oh, wow! Do you think his previous owner taught him that?

Old 03-11-2013, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
To this day (2 years later), they won't sit on any chair the stuffed wolf is on.
That works with kids too! When our kids were little, one of my husband's friends lived with us for a few years. He childproofed his room via hanging a scary Halloween mask (one of those rubber heads) on his bedposts. He could leave anything out anywhere in his room because my kids WOULD NOT GO IN THERE!

It's funny your dogs wouldn't sit on furniture together. My hound was into cuddling and would climb on top of my Labrador.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Our Presa Canario, Happy, likes to run laps at high speed around the dining room table.
We would call that the PUPPY CRAZIES!

Old 03-11-2013, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Here's another Lily the Maltese story:

Lily is well-trained regarding no begging at the table during our dinner. She very politely lays by our feet at every meal.

Recently, hub was out of town, so I decided to eat my dinner in the family room in front of the TV. My dinner plate was on the coffee table (much lower than a dining room table of course). I heard Lily scratching at the back door and barking, her signal that it's potty time. I got up to let her out, and when I got to the back door, she ran away as fast as she could. She zoomed right to that coffee table and snatched an entire piece of my pork roast off my plate! Her "potty plea" was a complete ploy to get me to leave my plate unattended!!! I thought that was rather clever on her part, although of course completely naughty!!! Such a Stinker-Dog!
Just like real estate, location is everything!

Old 03-11-2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaRed View Post
Cookie, my almost 9-year-old "chikengese", has always loved peanut butter in her Kong. As she's gotten up there in age, she doesn't like to bother with manipulating the Kong anymore. She will sit and stare at the Kong, then stare at me, back and forth. She'll only go for it when I hold the Kong for her, like an ice cream cone. Yep, she's the spoiled one.
Awe! It's probably hard for her to hold with her paws now. You're a sweet Mama!

Old 03-11-2013, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Meanwhile Bobby has gone into the bedroom, and by the time I get there, he is up on the bed, waiting for "tummy rub time".
I don't think his day would be complete without ten minutes of tummy rub.
It seems to put him in lala land.
Love dogs that have routines! Thanks for posting that great picture!

Old 03-11-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassetluv View Post
I thought that was pretty ingenious.
That is ingenious! My hound screws the lids off of empty plastic soda bottles, tips them sideways to drip out the last few drops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
My dogs both act really weird in our basement. My older one will lick the carpet and the couch. And after I tell him to stop he goes under the couch and roots around under there until I finally get fed up and send him upstairs. The little one just barks at him when he's under the couch. When we are upstairs they are fine, they act like idiots in the basement. I don't get it!
My dogs won't even go in the basement. We always worried about how we could get the big Labrador down there if there was a tornado. He would have fought us, even if we picked him up. Both dogs are terrified of it. No idea why, they've never been in a basement. Before we put a door on the basement doorway, we used to keep the kitchen garbage can 4 steps down. Even a garbage can filled with goodies couldn't entice them to go down those basement stairs. When I'm down there doing laundry, they stand at the top of the stairs worrying about me. If I stand at the bottom of the stairs and call them, they tiptoe backwards slowly and disappear!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs