Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 04:21 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,420,428 times

Advertisements

Can we start a thread about funny things our dogs do to make us laugh?

I'll start

My little Dachshund, Rocky (Beesley's little brother ), got into a bag of vegetables I had marinating and dumped the contents on the carpet. The marinade consisted of a crap-ton of garlic, vinegar, dijon mustard, and olive oil. Now my house smells strongly of delicious marinade even though I did my best to clean it up. LUCKILY I caught him mid-spill so he didn't lick anything up.

At first I was mad, but seeing Rocky run around with garlic all over his face made me laugh. He was trying so hard to lick it up!

Share your stories

(P.S. I am fully aware some of the things in the marinade may be harmful to pets, but it just happened. Fully my fault. He's perfectly fine. That's not the point of this thread )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 04:43 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,047,287 times
Toby the 6 lb Maltese and Lucy the 15 lb Bichon always bark when anybody comes to the door. They sound like they are going to rip the face off anybody who comes in the door. The UPS man had to bring something inside the foyer and this was pretty unusual. Both dogs hightailed it out of the room still barking up a storm while making a hasty retreat but obviously not dangerous at all. The kids and the UPS man and I all had a good laugh over their bravado. But honestly I usually DO NOT laugh at their barking. It is quite annoying.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:50 PM

2,430 posts, read 5,577,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
Yes!!! Question is, what DON'T they do to make me laugh -- my guys are always making me chuckle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
But honestly I usually DO NOT laugh at their barking. It is quite annoying.
Me neither, but sometimes... I was looking up Cooper's Hawks online, since there's been one in my yard lately. I was playing the songs and calls on my laptop, and both dogs started barking. I had to tell them that the hawk was NOT in the room!

Old 03-27-2013, 09:03 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,997,463 times
I asked my so to take the dog out. He said he would run. I said he wouldn't run. He never runs. Plus he wants dinner. Meaning he'll be anxious to get back inside the house. I decide to join them. We both head towards the door. I'm getting my shoes on. My son opens the door. The hound RUNS!!!!! He's flying up a long flight of my neighbor's concrete stairs. His basset butt is hopping up each step like a bunny rabbit at full speed. It was hilarious to watch. My son is right behind him.

When he brings him back, my son won't let me let him inside, insisting he can not come inside until he poops----since that's the reason he went out. The dog keeps running to the kitchen door standing up to look inside the window at me. He's not thinking about pooping. He wants dinner. I would have let him in but I had to honor the consequences my son set. He is the one who chased him, after all. I go outside so the hound will quit focusing on his dish. He poops. We come in and I feed him. My son sarcastically thanks me for helping him. I said, "You had it under control."

I always suspected he understood much more English than we give him credit for. He never runs. Not when we're right there with him -- EXCEPT when we talk about running!

Old 03-28-2013, 05:22 AM

3,513 posts, read 6,373,116 times
My most recent adoptee was 12 when I got him and he'd lived in a house with a light weight wooden screen door which he could push open by himself when he wanted to go out. To come in of course he had to "ask" with a short woof, woof.

At my house I leave the back door open 24/7 when the weather is nice and he lets himself out whenever he wants. When we wants to come back in he stands at the threshold and gives a woof, woof and waits. There is no screen door and even though he sees the other dogs simply walk back in he waits for me to come and "let him in".

The funniest part is that I do not even have to walk all the way to the door, I just have to step in to the sunroom and tell him to come in from 10 feet away.

I got him in late August and he was just starting to learn that he did not have to ask to be let in and wait for me. Then the weather got cold and the door was closed. Recently we've had one warm day with the door open and he seems to have forgotten that he can come in all by himself. I'll have to start the training process all over again.

Old 03-28-2013, 05:31 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,265,631 times
Quote:
I'll start
My little Dachshund, Rocky (Beesley's little brother ), got into a bag of vegetables I had marinating and dumped the contents on the carpet. The marinade consisted of a crap-ton of garlic, vinegar, dijon mustard, and olive oil. Now my house smells strongly of delicious marinade even though I did my best to clean it up. LUCKILY I caught him mid-spill so he didn't lick anything up.
At first I was mad, but seeing Rocky run around with garlic all over his face made me laugh. He was trying so hard to lick it up!
Share your stories
(P.S. I am fully aware some of the things in the marinade may be harmful to pets, but it just happened. Fully my fault. He's perfectly fine. That's not the point of this thread )
When we first rescued our pit bull Alice, she was 11 mos. old and had gone into heat the second week we had her. Because she was recooperating from Kennel Cough, we couldn't take her to get spade right away so we had to buy these sanitary pads and a diaper thing for her to wear. I had suspicions that this little lady was smart but little did I know just how smart.
I put the diaper with pad on her, put her in our bedroom with lots of warm blankets to lay on and didn't check back on her for about a half hour. When I went into the room, she had the diaper off and the one pad chewed up pretty good. I "re diapered" her and left the bag of pads on the other side of the room.
Again, I waited another half hour or so and went back to check on her..WELL.....there were sanitary pads stuck all over the lower part of the walls, on the floor and on the furniture. Her diaper was off and there she stood wagging her tail. I mean to tell you...pads STUCK on EVERYTHING. I ended up chasing after her with a mop to clean up after her while she was in heat..ugh..
Alice has gone from a skin and bones, abandoned puppy of 25 lbs to a healthy, beautiful little girl of 52 lbs who brings us joy every day she is with us..

Old 03-28-2013, 12:04 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,420,428 times
Beesley ran into the treadmill this morning. He's so blind he doesn't know where he's going most of the time. Poor old man.

Yes, I laughed.

Old 03-28-2013, 12:12 PM

6,471 posts, read 6,668,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
My most recent adoptee was 12 when I got him and he'd lived in a house with a light weight wooden screen door which he could push open by himself when he wanted to go out. To come in of course he had to "ask" with a short woof, woof.

At my house I leave the back door open 24/7 when the weather is nice and he lets himself out whenever he wants. When we wants to come back in he stands at the threshold and gives a woof, woof and waits. There is no screen door and even though he sees the other dogs simply walk back in he waits for me to come and "let him in".

The funniest part is that I do not even have to walk all the way to the door, I just have to step in to the sunroom and tell him to come in from 10 feet away.

I got him in late August and he was just starting to learn that he did not have to ask to be let in and wait for me. Then the weather got cold and the door was closed. Recently we've had one warm day with the door open and he seems to have forgotten that he can come in all by himself. I'll have to start the training process all over again.
I love that story! I saw a video recently that showed a similar situation...there had previously been a screen door that was now removed, and the dog would NOT come through unless someone pretended to open the door that was no longer there!

Old 03-28-2013, 04:34 PM

3,339 posts, read 9,346,271 times
Our little 9-week old ball of GSD-Aussie walked up to the porch door, turned to look at me and whined. I took him out and he pooped! I laughed! I danced! I gave him a tiny piece of turkey breast!

Old 03-28-2013, 04:38 PM

1,742 posts, read 3,115,527 times
Quote:

I'll start

Share your stories

You do know that garlic and onions can make your dog sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs