U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 05:22 PM

12,402 posts, read 31,396,435 times

Advertisements

Now the new just said the the Newport News Shelter has several Rotties & about 5 Beagles taken from Vick's home are looking for homes!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2007, 06:26 PM

216 posts, read 734,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Now the new just said the the Newport News Shelter has several Rotties & about 5 Beagles taken from Vick's home are looking for homes!!!!
I've been wondering about the beagles, that's the first I've heard of them since the story broke. They did say in the beginning there were 17 though...maybe the others went to another shelter (hopefully).

Old 11-12-2007, 08:52 PM

1,913 posts, read 8,230,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Going to established rescues is good. They are good at spotting good from potentially bad owners. thats great news. I dont think that if I was kept in a cage and tortured like they where id be adoptable. Says allot for the forgiving nature of dogs really.

Excellent point Brian about their forgiving nature. They're dogs.
It's a dogs nature to want to be happy and loved, not abused.

As much as I can't stand reading his name, it's nice to read something positive related to M.Vick.

Old 11-13-2007, 07:01 PM

673 posts, read 2,916,029 times
Here is an article from our local newspaper in Newport News. Some of the dogs have gone to the Virginia Beach shelter, I havent heard of NN receiving any but its possible (that is where I volunteer I'll have to find out for sure this weekend when I go there).

I NEVER heard of Vick having all these Beagles. I'm sure they served their purpose for training, and never had a chance to even defend themselves. I hate that guy...

12 dogs from Vick property go to Virginia Beach shelter -- dailypress.com

Old 11-13-2007, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi_Girl View Post
Here is an article from our local newspaper in Newport News. Some of the dogs have gone to the Virginia Beach shelter, I havent heard of NN receiving any but its possible (that is where I volunteer I'll have to find out for sure this weekend when I go there).

I NEVER heard of Vick having all these Beagles. I'm sure they served their purpose for training, and never had a chance to even defend themselves. I hate that guy...

12 dogs from Vick property go to Virginia Beach shelter -- dailypress.com
Awww, they're sweet. I am love with that brindle mastiff (I think??)

Old 11-13-2007, 07:21 PM

673 posts, read 2,916,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Five View Post
Awww, they're sweet. I am love with that brindle mastiff (I think??)
Not sure but that is a well built dog! I love that brindle color....and those Beagles look so sweet. I just wanna hug them all!!! I hope they all find warm loving homes. They deserve to be spoiled rotten, all of them.

Here's the newspaper from Virginia Beach with an article:

ARTICLE: Some of Vick's dogs up for adoption in Virginia Beach (The Virginian-Pilot - HamptonRoads.com/PilotOnline.com) (broken link)

Last edited by Wi_Girl; 11-13-2007 at 07:27 PM.. Reason: added another link

Old 11-13-2007, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Not sure but that is a well built dog! I love that brindle color....and those Beagles look so sweet. I just wanna hug them all!!! I hope they all find warm loving homes. They deserve to be spoiled rotten, all of them.

ARTICLE: Some of Vick's dogs up for adoption in Virginia Beach (The Virginian-Pilot - HamptonRoads.com/PilotOnline.com) (http://content.hamptonroads.com/story.cfm?story=136844&ran=8213&tref=po - broken link)
I was just thinking maybe it's a Cane Corso, and there they say it is in the article. Gosh, he's GORGEOUS. I hope they all get good homes soon, good think I'm not closer or I might be Mom2Six!

Old 11-14-2007, 12:26 PM

1,913 posts, read 8,230,166 times
Quote:

ARTICLE: Some of Vick's dogs up for adoption in Virginia Beach (The Virginian-Pilot - HamptonRoads.com/PilotOnline.com) (http://content.hamptonroads.com/story.cfm?story=136844&ran=8213&tref=po - broken link)

I'm glad to read this from the article: “Folks that want a 'Vick dog’ are not who we are looking for,” Adams said.
It's good to see they will be screening potential owners for the right reasons.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:33 PM

1,311 posts, read 5,998,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Five View Post
I'm soooo glad he agreed with the evaluations! These poor dogs deserve a chance to live happy normal lives.

And I'm also happy that here's proof that having been fought doesn't automatically make the dog unadoptable. He/she just needs to go the right home, a very experienced one IMO.

My Goodness, TWO positive pit bull related happenings in a matter of 24 (I think) hours. I can barely contain myself
You are too cute, M2F. I'm super excited to hear this!

Old 11-14-2007, 12:35 PM

1,311 posts, read 5,998,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedSOUL83 View Post
I wish that I had like 20 acres of land and didnt have to work..I would adopt all 48 of them and play with them everyday
That's what I want to do! Wouldn't that be cool!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or