U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2007, 03:04 PM

1,738 posts, read 7,510,262 times

Advertisements

we got a extra doggie for the next few days.
My friends Dad is on his death bed and she needs her pets(all 8 of them) taken care of. I took the aussie and she and Cody and parallel playing. ...so cute. I asked what else i can do, but i'm limited as i work out of the home(like people coming in daily) ....only trained puppies allowed!
I'll post pics later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2007, 08:47 AM

my cody is growing tired of another dog in his home.
He's been nice, but has made it clear i am his mom and she can't snuggle me when Cody and I are snuggling.
He also doesn't want her on the bed or couch. ...I can't blame him. I'm not allowing him to scold her for stepping on his toes and they are playing nice, but we do lock her in a cage at night and spend extra time w/ cody.

She's very different from him, but a awesome house guest.
Cody is very much a boy in most departments, while she is kinda sensitive and soft.

Last nightm y husband rolled over kissed me goodnight and said this is fine for now, but we are a one dog household. I agree!

Old 10-30-2007, 10:35 PM

1,397 posts, read 4,400,793 times
Post some pics when you have time...

Old 11-01-2007, 07:53 PM

cody and friend!

he likes her but he was happy to have us to himself again.
he's so silly. I'm totally in love w/ him!
Attached Thumbnails
extra doggie-cute-aussies.jpg  

Old 11-02-2007, 12:38 AM

13,886 posts, read 25,316,043 times
Cute picture! It's great you had a chance to see what a multiple dog household is like. The whole dynamic changes.

Old 11-02-2007, 12:51 AM

8,204 posts, read 32,215,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly3120 View Post
cody and friend!

he likes her but he was happy to have us to himself again.
he's so silly. I'm totally in love w/ him!
Cute! They match!

Yellowsnow made a great point, getting a trial run at what a multi-dog household is like is a great experience .

To keep the peace, I'd listen to your dog - if your dog says the new one needs to stop snuggling with you or to get off the couch, I'd let your own dog "make the rules". It's only temporary, and it will reassure your dog that all is well (so he can focus on playing with his new friend instead!).

Old 11-02-2007, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riveree View Post
Cute! They match!

Yellowsnow made a great point, getting a trial run at what a multi-dog household is like is a great experience .

To keep the peace, I'd listen to your dog - if your dog says the new one needs to stop snuggling with you or to get off the couch, I'd let your own dog "make the rules". It's only temporary, and it will reassure your dog that all is well (so he can focus on playing with his new friend instead!).
They do match. That's why we think he's a Aussie.
we did listen to our cody. He was very polite but made it clear the couch and bed are were he snuggles us, so she's not allowed on there and then he was fine.
They played very well together but the drive is way different. She is toy driven and Cody is attention driven.

It made me realize, while she was a awesome guest we are a one dog household.

Old 11-02-2007, 11:50 PM

8,204 posts, read 32,215,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly3120 View Post

It made me realize, while she was a awesome guest we are a one dog household.
Me too! Can I send you my extras?

Old 11-03-2007, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riveree View Post
Me too! Can I send you my extras?
ahahah! I'd have to go with a NO!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs