U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 09:36 AM

18 posts, read 87,937 times

Advertisements

There's a company near where I used to live called Stuffington Bear Factory. They primarily make "made in the usa" stuffed animals but they started making pet beds and dog toys. We buy them for our golden retriever. He has valley fever and as far as I'm concerned he has enough chemicals tormenting his body, so we feel better with the made in the usa dog toys. We also got one of the beds. I guess we just realized that he spends about 60% of his time running around with these toys in his mouth. Now think about it - if you have a product in your mouth that long, what would seep into your system????

You can buy online, her'es some direct links:

Made in the USA Dog and Cat Beds

Made in the USA Dog Toys

Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2008, 12:54 PM

138 posts, read 563,977 times
I too refuse to buy anything from China for my pets. I've even started looking at clothes for myself and not buying them if made in China. Not only because of the scare but clothes that say it is "faux" fur, I've read, can be fur from cats, dogs or other animals. There is apparently a way to tell if it's really fake fur or if it's fur from some type of animal. Not sure how much truth there is to that but the scare alone makes me not want to buy stuff from China. And the way the animals are treated, that also makes me not want to buy anything. I read on MSNBC the other day that over 40,000 cats are killed every day in an inhumane way.

ETA: Thanks for all the links to the toys made in the USA. They are hard to come by.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:42 PM

4,028 posts, read 6,384,468 times
Recently China had the same poison they put in dog food a few year ago in their own human baby food. It would seem that the Chinese place a higher value on profit than life. I firmly believe avoiding Chinese products.
It is about time Americans supported American products. They may cost more but the money you spend on American products stays in America. Most important; if I have a problem with an American product I can at least knock on their door. Try that with a Chinese, or other foreign product.

Don

Old 12-30-2008, 07:45 PM

4,334 posts, read 12,182,848 times
I check labels too! Nothing allowed in the house for dogs, "Made in China" I do not trust the plastics, or any of the materials! I try to avoid Made in China altogether but that is almost impossible. I even noticed everything from the shopping channels is from China now too!

Old 08-14-2009, 05:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,046 times
Arrow Made in the usa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kareybear View Post
With a lot of recall from China on toys etc.... I am really concern about getting my puppy China made toys. I have one store in my town that sell pet supplies. Guess Wally World and everything is made in China. I am looking for toys not made in China or U.S.A. made toys. Can anyone help me? Thank You

Try Nylabone Products and many KONG Company products. Most of the Nylabone and KONG dog toys are made in the USA. However, there are some of their toys that are made in China. The labeling will state where the toy is manufactured. And a bonus is that these are quality products that will last a long time!

Old 10-23-2009, 05:54 AM

1 posts, read 1,031 times
I thick one company produce a good quality in china,named sigo pets co.,ltd

Old 10-23-2009, 06:51 AM

3,627 posts, read 12,760,650 times
I would also take some of the British toys - actually the Brits have all kinds of neat dog stuff!

Old 10-23-2009, 09:29 AM

10,931 posts, read 6,146,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
I check labels too! Nothing allowed in the house for dogs, "Made in China" I do not trust the plastics, or any of the materials! I try to avoid Made in China altogether but that is almost impossible. I even noticed everything from the shopping channels is from China now too!
I agree. I, too; worry about the so-called ingredients hidden or not in toys and dog treats that are made in China. Sometimes it can still be hard to tell when a known company in the US imports materials from China to make whatever it is that they're producing. The politico types have actually sold our soul to China. We are seriously in debt to them and think that's one of the many reasons why so much has been pouring in from that country. We need more fair import/export controls when it comes to dealing with countries like China. Sen. Duncan Hunter [past Presidential candidate] pointed out several trade discrepancies we have with China and ways to change that but think it fell on deaf ears. You can Google his name with "trade to China" and there may still be links out there to click on - some with video clips. Walmart is not the only one as so many like to blame. I've often turned the labels over on many other items, to include clothes, kitchen ware, baby products, health and beauty, et al... in stores like Target, K-Mart, as well as other high-ends, and see China and many other countries. Seems anything but the USA. It's getting rarer and rarer, it seems, to see the "Made in USA" labels but they are there. Sometimes you may have better luck shopping via the internet than finding that particular item in your local store/s.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:38 AM

10,931 posts, read 6,146,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryhsieh View Post
I thick one company produce a good quality in china,named sigo pets co.,ltd
Need lots of info on that if it is true as you say. Serious reading

Old 11-02-2009, 12:32 PM

1,554 posts, read 4,130,374 times
Just wanted to update with everyone since Christmas is coming up.... Great stocking stuffers that are made in U.S.A.
Dog Toys Made in the USA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or