U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 12:20 AM

1,177 posts, read 8,069,295 times

Advertisements

So this isn't a serious thread, but I thought it interesting. I'm not sure what breeds this dog is. I've never seen this coloring before that I remember.

I have seen a dog with brindle points in both the black/tan and chocolate/red colors. However this one seems to fall more under the "sable" type where the pattern isn't fully expressed lending to the darker saddling. He is pretty though!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2007, 12:22 AM

8,204 posts, read 32,158,255 times
I like it!

I've never had a brindle dog, but I've always loved brindle.

The saddle on this one is really cool .

Old 11-03-2007, 01:15 AM

273 posts, read 1,214,129 times
HANDSOME not PRETTY lol..I can tell you he'd be mad if you called him pretty haha

Old 11-03-2007, 04:12 AM

29,041 posts, read 44,904,594 times
My guess would be a Pit (APBT), maybe mixed with a bit of Aussie - would explain the stumpy tail (or do they dock Aussies?) and "sable" coloring, though Pits do come in many colors. Cute dog, whatever he/she is!

Old 11-03-2007, 05:22 AM

13,382 posts, read 40,850,925 times
At first glance, I thought, Neopolitan mastiff.
But no. Too small, and no tail.
I think there is Pit in there, but the size of of the head does so remind me of a Neo.
Plus I've seen mahogany Neos.
Here is my brindle, Elwood. Elwood is a regular brindle, but he has a littermate who is a reverse, dark over light--very striking.

Old 11-03-2007, 05:33 AM

1,738 posts, read 7,496,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
My guess would be a Pit (APBT), maybe mixed with a bit of Aussie - would explain the stumpy tail (or do they dock Aussies?) and "sable" coloring, though Pits do come in many colors. Cute dog, whatever he/she is!
aussie tails come in all sizes so they dock. but mine has a tail
the colors and layout of colors reminds me of a sight hound, but the body doesn't. It's a gorgeous dog!

Old 11-03-2007, 05:34 AM

1,738 posts, read 7,496,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
At first glance, I thought, Neopolitan mastiff.
But no. Too small, and no tail.
I think there is Pit in there, but the size of of the head does so remind me of a Neo.
Plus I've seen mahogany Neos.
Here is my brindle, Elwood. Elwood is a regular brindle, but he has a littermate who is a reverse, dark over light--very striking.
off subject:

ahahahha your kitty is so funny standing next to that huge dog. I LOVE IT! your dog and cat match!!!!!
he looks like my kitty ...want another kitty?

ANd another off subject NICE FLOORS ...are they brazilian cherry?

Old 11-03-2007, 07:14 AM

13,382 posts, read 40,850,925 times
"Brazilian cherry." hah--I wish.
It's just engineered wood, and look to the left of Elwood, where it is all scratched up by my dear pet. My dog and cat do match and it is funny but it certainly was accidental. I'd love another kitty but my husband, not so much.

Back on topic, that really is a cool-looking dog, and I can't help but think that there is Neo in there somewhere. But I understand how, with the tail and color pattern, some would see Aussie. Or maybe Rottie influenced the size of the head and tail, who knows. Regardless he is indeed gorgeous.

Old 11-03-2007, 07:57 AM

3,684 posts, read 10,982,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by APBT_Samara View Post
So this isn't a serious thread, but I thought it interesting. I'm not sure what breeds this dog is. I've never seen this coloring before that I remember.

I have seen a dog with brindle points in both the black/tan and chocolate/red colors. However this one seems to fall more under the "sable" type where the pattern isn't fully expressed lending to the darker saddling. He is pretty though!

If I had to take a guess I'd say Pit/Boxer mix...but either way really pretty.

Old 11-03-2007, 09:17 AM

1,554 posts, read 4,133,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by APBT_Samara View Post

Yes he sure looks Handsome...It looks like he is wearing Tux....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs