Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How often do you give your dog a Bath?
Every week? 5 26.32%
Once a month? 7 36.84%
Once a year? 6 31.58%
Never? 1 5.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 06:47 PM

1,930 posts, read 10,156,887 times

Advertisements

We bathe our dogs once a month to once every three months. We don't bathe them more than once a month unless we absolutely have to because bathing a dog more than once a month can dry their skin out. Sometimes we have to bathe them, or at least rinse them off, more than once a month, because we take them to the beach a lot and I like to rinse the salt water off of them, but when we bathe them more than once a month we use this bath oil/ skin conditioner stuff that we go from the vet to keep their skin from getting dried out. We also use the bath oil/ skin conditioner when we bathe them once a month, just to be safe. If we bathe them after 2 or 3 months we don't use the skin conditioner because I don't think the bath will dry their skin out. We use a gentle oatmeal shampoo as well. We normally end up bathing them once a month because I like to put their flea and tick stuff on them after I bathe them. So I will bathe them and once they are dry I put the flea and tick stuff on, and I do that every month, most of the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2007, 07:18 PM
miu

17,764 posts, read 40,050,968 times
We have three dogs. The chocolate lab we never bath unless he rolls in something smelling. The small terrier mix we bath about once a month. She is low to the ground with a wiry coat. The mini poodle mix gets bathed about twice a month because his back skin is oily and his fur gets matted and greasy looking.

Old 11-04-2007, 06:38 AM

1,554 posts, read 4,537,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
I do not brush my dogs' teeth. I give my dog healthy things to chew on and her teeth do not need to be brushed. My vet comments every time he sees her that her teeth are in remarkable shape.

I feed her dried sting ray tail, deer antler, bullstix, and other tough all natural things. Other than 1/2 can of wet food in the mornings everything she eats is hard.
Can you please tell me where you get these items sting ray tail, deer antler,bullstix and ect.....

Old 11-04-2007, 07:21 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,169,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kareybear View Post
Can you please tell me where you get these items sting ray tail, deer antler,bullstix and ect.....
PetExtras.com - No Recalls on any of our pet products! This is a mom & pop up in Minnesota. Almost all of their treats are 100% American. I love this supplier. You always get a personal e-mail thanking you for your order. They always include some freebies with your order. If you spend $100 (which I always manage to do) you get free shipping.

Old 11-04-2007, 07:23 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,169,716 times
I just took a peek in on their site. The sting ray tail, called Ocean Chews, are buy one get one right now. They usually have a few other things on buy one get one. The freeze dried mouse is a big hit at my house, and it is on special right now as well.

Old 11-04-2007, 10:25 AM

14,229 posts, read 29,936,310 times
Spot's probably an every other month bather but that wasn't a choice. He like being clean and smelling good. Plus he loves all the attention. He likes to sleep in our bed and it smells nicer if the dog smells nicer.

I brush his teeth every week and he gets greenies and other hard chewy things.

Old 11-04-2007, 11:33 AM

1,554 posts, read 4,537,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
PetExtras.com - No Recalls on any of our pet products! This is a mom & pop up in Minnesota. Almost all of their treats are 100% American. I love this supplier. You always get a personal e-mail thanking you for your order. They always include some freebies with your order. If you spend $100 (which I always manage to do) you get free shipping.
Thank You so much....

Thank You everyone for this interesting topic.

Old 11-04-2007, 01:34 PM

18,655 posts, read 33,236,665 times
I get my two long-haired dogs bathed and haircuts about every four months. They get shaggy, drag in mud and leaves, ear fur gets tangled from rolling.
The other three short-hairs just get nail-clips when needed and brushing for all. If they get wet in the rain, I rub then down with a towel, and figure that's sort of a surface bath.

Old 11-04-2007, 06:09 PM

2,679 posts, read 11,706,118 times
I feel like the moisture from my dog's eyes smell. I put vaseline under the eyes and put doggy cologne. I may be mistaken and it may just be his breath. Are there dog mints?

I use that 'waterless' shampoo every other day and those 'baby wipe' equivalents.

Old 11-04-2007, 06:38 PM

1,397 posts, read 4,837,537 times
Our dogs are indoor and outdoor, and we usually give them a bath once a month. Sometimes if they are really bad, we give them twice. They have wonderful coats, and nice skin that is not dry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs