Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 06:27 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,341,422 times

Advertisements

I worked as an APRN in an Urgent Care for a few years and got to treat the results of babies and "playful" dogs. Altho this dobie was in play stance, I couldn't watch the entire clip. My rottie is great around kids, but I would not dream of letting my baby grandson near him without me being closer than 3'! My public service plea: I wish parents would hold babies when around the family pets or at least be closer to them than it appears in pictures or videos! That said, all three dogs are beautiful! (so are the babies)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 10:38 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,980,478 times
I see your point now to your post, "Seriously?" Mmmary73.
Didn't mean to be snarky.
My apologies.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:32 AM

16 posts, read 18,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuJuFromNJ View Post
Nice, my parents had a dobbie when I was a baby, and then a few other big dogs. Now I have the babies and dogs. This pic was from today.
This is adorable!

Old 07-03-2013, 02:59 PM

25,952 posts, read 22,102,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm_mary73 View Post
I worked as an APRN in an Urgent Care for a few years and got to treat the results of babies and "playful" dogs. Altho this dobie was in play stance, I couldn't watch the entire clip. My rottie is great around kids, but I would not dream of letting my baby grandson near him without me being closer than 3'! My public service plea: I wish parents would hold babies when around the family pets or at least be closer to them than it appears in pictures or videos! That said, all three dogs are beautiful! (so are the babies)
This is what I was thinking. My uncle's Doberman scared the face of a 4 year old who wondered in the kitchen where the dog was confined and I saw her growing up with that scar through her high school years and it only took a second to happen. This is a good article: Interactions between Children and Dogs

Old 07-03-2013, 08:46 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,275,560 times
I found the video kinda scary to be honest..I fear for the child.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:41 PM

74 posts, read 136,381 times
My pup just wants to snuggle with the baby. She tries to crawl between her and whoever has her, and likes licking her and then she will lay down. Someone is always standing right over them, usually with a hand on the collar so she dont scratch her. The other dogs dont bother the baby at all really. The dogs grow up with other dogs and people of all sizes, they are very socialized and I love training.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs