U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 04:12 PM

3,339 posts, read 7,542,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy612 View Post
thanksfor sharing your story TinaMcg, i will update you guys!

i have 2 other dogs and shes the one who was very close to my great dane that just died. its been really hard for her, and i often find her sleeping in my deceased dogs favorite spots. ive been giving her a great deal of attention to sort of ease the mourning that i believe my dog is going thru. .

my other dog is a small 10 pound poodle and never got along with my great dane Texas. believe it or not, my poodle was the one who always started the fights,. great danes really are gentle giants.
Oh no, a Dane? I adore them. I especially love Dane puppies with those huge clumpy and awkward feet and flopping ears. They really are the most gentle souls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2013, 11:09 PM

803 posts, read 1,616,929 times
i didnt know my dane as a puppy i wish i did . i rescued her from a shelter several months ago. i was looking for an older dog and they told me that she was a puppy around 10 months. something told me that she wasnt that young even though she was soooo playful and was acting like a pup.

she wanted to be near me all the time. wanted chew toys, played and played and omg she was so active!

i thought she was full of life but little did i know she was dying rite before my eyes.. her diabetes and her blindness was so sudden and so aggressive. the vet estimated her to be around 7yrs old..which is usually around the time diabetes starts to show up in dogs. anywhere from 6-9 yrs of ag is the average.

Texie had incredibly long legs, pointy elbows lol and omg HUGE paws, she had to be a cute puppy, but arent they all?!
i love dogs so much.

Old 07-06-2013, 11:31 PM

43,012 posts, read 91,989,470 times
My Labrador had more fatty mass tumors than I could count. It started with one on his side. We had that one biopsied. We never biopsied any of the others. They never turned to cancer. He lived to 16 years old.

I'm sorry to hear about your Great Dane. It sounds like she was a fantastic dog who was lucky to find you.

Old 07-06-2013, 11:43 PM

803 posts, read 1,616,929 times
thanks Hopes, yeah thats where hers is too, on her side. my vet is on vacation and i was going to schedule with the other vet but since this may not be as serious as i thought it was, im just going to wait for my vet to come back.
\
and omg thank you! she was a great dog and i was lucky to find her too!

Old 07-07-2013, 10:10 PM

16,025 posts, read 19,567,011 times
My boxer, who is deceased now...lived to age 16+. He had cancer tumors at approx 9....had the surgery and never had another problem. Hope it is nothing..

Old 09-29-2014, 05:00 AM

1 posts, read 3,395 times
I have a 12 year old small dog that in the past month has gotten a lot of lumps all over. Started with one on his side then his back and now on his nose, behind his ear, hips, etc. came up so fast, some large, small. Now he has trouble jumping, walking. Was very active. I have to show him his water bowl and food. Doesn't eat like he did. Worried. He is my Buddy, my Baby. Is there help here.

Old 09-29-2014, 07:56 AM

4,787 posts, read 9,246,664 times
Wagglebud- There is no help here- we are not vets. Your dog needs to see a vet - now. He is in serious trouble. Please call for an appointment today. There is no time to waste.

Old 01-24-2016, 03:30 PM

1 posts, read 2,141 times
I found a round marble lump under my labs skin. It is around the top of the ribs . It is hard and does move. Does anyone have any info on this kind of lump.

Old 06-16-2016, 04:50 AM

1 posts, read 1,742 times
My 9 year old Yorkie cross has a small rock hard lump on the last rib of the rib cage . He has always been in excellent health

Old 06-16-2016, 11:13 AM

4,704 posts, read 10,124,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joand151 View Post
I found a round marble lump under my labs skin. It is around the top of the ribs . It is hard and does move. Does anyone have any info on this kind of lump.
The only one that can tell you what a lump is is a vet. When Jazz developed a large lump on the front of her chest I had a feeling it was cancer as it was different then the Lymphomas she had had in the past.

My vet was booked right up to leaving on vacation in 3 days so I saw one of his partners who keep assuring me it was nothing even when I told her I had this gut feeling about it. She went to aspirate it and said "Oh the syringe will fill up with greasy looking fluid and I will take a look and it but I do not expect to see anything serious." She stuck the needle in and got very little fluid and even then kept telling me it would be nothing and that she would call me later with results. My gut feeling was still saying this one was cancer.

I got home to a ringing phone and it was the vet saying the cells look abnormal and she was sending them to pathology . The next day that report came in and it was a nerve sheath sarcoma (cancer) so we called the oncologist that had done palliative IMRT on Dash and he said have it removed ASAP. I was a little upset that this vet had been so insistent that it was nothing and was not sure I wanted her to do the surgery so while I was considering telling her so my regular vet heard about it and said he would do the surgery as he had a little time before leaving on his trip so he did and he felt her got clean margins.

I tell the story to show you that even a vet can not always properly ID a lump the only way to know for sure is an aspiration or a biopsy as no one here can tell you what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs