U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2007, 10:59 AM

13,345 posts, read 25,601,842 times

Advertisements

The Humane Society of the U.S. (a 4-star charity) is partnering with the National Enquirer, the best-selling paper in the country. Every week they will run a story about an animal abuser and either the jail sentence/punishment or legislation regarding similar situations, etc. They publish either a pre-printed cut-out coupon to send to the powers that be in that situation, or an address/phone so people can individually contact judges, etc., either to praise and thank them for stern sentencing, or to reprimand (or berate) someone for minimizing the seriousness of the crime.
I think everyone wins, in this case, except drunken celebrities who might now gain a larger tabloid audience.
Good on HSUS and the Enquirer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2007, 11:02 AM

1,408 posts, read 7,400,482 times
Way to go HSUS and the Enquirer! mmm... maybe i'll start buying that newspaper just so i can read those stories.

Old 11-08-2007, 02:45 PM

7,551 posts, read 16,403,415 times
The Enquirer ? LOL. Now there is a newspaper thatll get its facts straight before it goes to print. Watch out people, dont take your dogs outside!

Old 11-09-2007, 08:15 AM

3,684 posts, read 11,004,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
The Enquirer ? LOL. Now there is a newspaper thatll get its facts straight before it goes to print. Watch out people, dont take your dogs outside!
I'm picturing a lot of stories about celebrity dog abuse for some reason.

Old 11-10-2007, 06:35 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,192,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
I'm picturing a lot of stories about celebrity dog abuse for some reason.
That would be cool, too! So many people get so riled up by these celebs that it just may be more effective, and get more peoples' heads out of the sand.

(Altough I could picture a scenario like the Fresh Prince episode where Will takes photos of Celebrities' "Houses at Night" and gets into that stink with Jay Leno!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or