Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2015, 09:11 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,757,385 times

Advertisements

I've only had my first dog for a year and 3 months and the other guy for 9 months so I have never heard them cry.

I did hear my younger one yelp in pain while he was in the back seat of the car on the way to the dog park. Really scared me. I still don't know what happened if he got a finger nail stuck in something or if the other dog stepped on him. I stopped the car but by then he was fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 10:01 PM

19,750 posts, read 22,661,296 times
Every time I trim my male GSP's nails he cries like a baby getting spanked. He's a big, 80lb crybaby when it comes to that time.

Old 04-08-2015, 05:44 AM

2,706 posts, read 3,379,498 times
My pup will howl sometimes when he hears us come home after a few hours.....other than that, there was a time when he had Bladder Stones, and when he went to pee that night, he just went "OOOOWWWWWW!!!!".... vet the next, $2,400 later, no more blockage, no more "OOWWW!!!"

Old 04-08-2015, 07:39 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,894,623 times
I don't even understand this question.

Of course they'll "cry" if they're in pain just like many other living creatures. Or yelp. Or cry out. Or be surprised by something.

They also whine and vocalize if they're not balanced or under some type of stress OR from adverse reactions to medications.

It's very easy to see imbalanced dogs whining around their owners who promote it and encourage it by "sympathizing" instead of providing leadership. But that's a different issue - one that humans get confused about.

Old 04-08-2015, 07:58 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,960,371 times
My dogs whine when I leave for work, but they don't cry normally.

Old 04-10-2015, 09:31 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,279,635 times
My dog Molly actually cried when as a pup she got herself a good bee sting on her nose.
Just like a little kid, she come running and buried herself in my lap.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:18 AM

188 posts, read 209,770 times
When Nico was about 10 weeks old, he tumbled from a height of about 5 inches onto a carpeted floor and cried. I'd never heard a dog make that sound before and it scared me. He wouldn't walk on his paw, so I took him to the e-vet (it was a Saturday). By the time we arrived, he had quieted down. Vet checked him over to be sure...and yeah, he was fine. Just hurt his foot a little.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:46 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
I have two mixed breed, rescued dogs which weigh about 75 pounds each. The female is extremely laid back and never seems the slightest bit worried or anxious about anything. She even enjoys barking at the sky when a storm is coming. I swear she would lick a burglar to death. She would also wander happily out of the yard if I left the gate open, and probably climb right into a car with anyone, and live happily ever after if she was treated well. She's not that bright, but she's a sweetie.

The male is a worrier. He worries about weather. He worries about being left outside (he prefers to go outside, do his business and then come right back in.) He worries when people come over - he retreats to the bedroom. He worries at the vet (my other dog is just happy to be on an adventure). He worries if I haven't fed them at exactly 6 pm.

He got a LEG CRAMP the other day (that was a new one for me, but I think that's all it was), and nearly had a panic attack. He came rushing - stumbling rather - into where I was, crying - I mean, he literally had tears in his eyes - and panting. Of course, I nearly freaked out myself till I saw that apparently he was fine except for one back leg, which looked awkward. I rubbed it and within a few seconds he was fine and he's had no problems since. But for the next few minutes he leaned against me, whining and looking at me with those big, wet eyes like, "Mama - help me. I must be dying." Then he quit crying, quit shaking, stood up and shook himself, and went running off to check and see if I'd filled his food bowl up yet. No...something else to worry about.

I honestly think all it was was a leg cramp.

Considering that the last time he acted like that he had had some sort of pancreatic attack that cost us over $1000 for four days of IV treatment - I feel pretty lucky. He was crying then too - with good reason.

Poor baby!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs