Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2007, 07:30 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,396,923 times

Advertisements

I'm taking my dog with me on a plane. She goes in the cargo. Airlines requests copies of a Health Certificate and Acclimation Certificate, which state the dog is okay if the temperature drops below 45 degrees. Arriving in Hartford, so may be colder in the morning as the offload her from plane.

Please tell me what the Health and Acclimation certificates look like. Are these actual forms that I can download of the web? Or is it just a signed letter from the vet?

Thanks,

Greenie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2007, 04:43 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,264,452 times
Haven't heard of acclimation certs, but the health certificate your vet will have - and check with their office on the acclimation. It basically says your dog is healthy enough to travel and properly vaccinated.

I've done this moving to the Virgin Islands - if you have any layovers at all, please drive the cabin attendants NUTS until they call down to the hold and make sure your dog is boarded. I became fast friends with the ticket people at our airport since we moved 6 at various times - they made sure our departing airport people knew what was going on and I checked at every leg. The attendants were really very helpful and good about keeping me posted - still, you don't want to be the one they slip up on!

Good luck with your travels.

Old 11-10-2007, 09:37 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,262,276 times
Out here they include the acclimation temps on the health certificate that your vet fills out within 10 days or less of flying.

Old 11-10-2007, 12:05 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,396,923 times
Can anyone direct me to a downloadable copy of the certificates online?

thanks,

greenie

Old 11-10-2007, 12:11 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,264,452 times
I don't think they are online - I believe they are issued by the state Ag department...okay, I just found one from when we flew and it does have "approved by Arkansas Agricultural Department" at the bottom - your vet will get it from the state...but I would surely call and give them a heads up in case they have to order it or anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs