Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 11:48 AM

1,286 posts, read 3,479,516 times

Advertisements

I splurged on one for both of my dogs. Since they're leather, they will last longer and I will save them forever as reminders of them. I don't do the ashes in an urn thing; I'd rather spend money on them now.

We lost our dog two months ago and her collar/tag is currently hanging on the knob of our dresser.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2013, 11:58 AM

4,490 posts, read 4,978,388 times
I have my first dogs collar and tag along with my 2nd dogs tag hanging from my
Turn signal in my car.
I feel kinda stupid when I hold and sniff his collar. 1st dog has been gone for 5 years, 2nd dog has been gone
4 months.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:56 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,583,607 times
Sometimes grooming shops have fun collars. Chaos has one with Teddy the dog ( Life is good) that says smother me in smooches! I got a friends dog one that said Dirty dogs have more fun as he is a Irish cream ( white) Golden Retriever that LOVES mud and dirt! Both I got on sale at a local grooming shop.

Jazz had a collar that said Crazy dog all over it( same company that made crazy dog shampoos) and Dash had Lizzards on his being he was a bug and lizard boy.

While Dazzle wears a simple Martingale with flames( Yes like the flames on a fast car) on it as his standard collar.I do have a few wider fancy martingales that he wears when we go someplace and I want him to look nice...it is sort of a fun sight hound thing. Being an elegant looking hound he gets Blinged up! I have gotten one of his at the groomer and others at dog shows. Here is a photo of him in my favorite Bling collar and when he wears it people do notice his bling and tell him so We also have a shop in town that you can special order a collar and a local woman makes them within 48 hrs, once again they tend to be more of the sight hound collars,anyway here is Dazzle in his most blinged out collar!

Old 07-24-2013, 10:12 PM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,118,385 times
I can recommend Collar Mania. Everything is custom. The owners name is Lisa Ruiz. Check out her website.

Collar Mania Custom Dog Collars - Home

With five dogs, custom is a tad expensive so my herd wear Spiffy Dog Air Collars. Plus they're cooler living in the desert.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:01 PM

872 posts, read 1,262,902 times
I'm a fan of Paco Collars. I don't buy any leather for myself, but I felt like it was the right choice for my pooch because he needed something sturdy. Paco has a lifetime guarantee if any of the stones/brackets fall out or break, and all you have to pay for is shipping. We've had our collar for almost a year now, and it's holding up well so far. It has stretched (the fluffy kid thinks he's a sled dog), but it still looks great and I'm thankful for the "warranty" if anything changes.

For those who want to spend less, follow them on Facebook; they regularly have sample sales (which can get you a ~50% discount), contests, or post coupon codes.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:23 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,666,242 times
If you are into bling (gems and whatnot) B.B Simon makes collars of good quaility.

I also like Coach collars for their quaility but the lower priced ones seem a little boring.

My dogs all wear Remington collars (bright orange) with the reflective strip...I am all about being practical and thus far their collars have all proven very durable.

I'm not a fan of the plastic snap to secure collars...seen far too many that were cracked or totally broken off on one side without the owner being aware. All my dogs wear buckle collars.

Old 07-27-2013, 11:11 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,851,089 times
im going to second paco collars and Collar mania.
I also love LUPINE brand gear (guarenteed for LIFE even if chewed!!!)
also keepyour eyes open for tack and feed stores sometimes they get some realy cool stuff in..and for big dogs look for cute KIDS BELTS too!

Old 07-28-2013, 08:06 AM

19,824 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSP View Post
I can recommend Collar Mania. Everything is custom. The owners name is Lisa Ruiz. Check out her website.

Collar Mania Custom Dog Collars - Home

With five dogs, custom is a tad expensive so my herd wear Spiffy Dog Air Collars. Plus they're cooler living in the desert.
They do not seem to be doing leather anymore but there was a link to Ella's for some amazing custom leather collars and leads which appear to be high quality. There was a gorgeous working dog collar. Makes me wish I had a big dog.

Old 07-28-2013, 09:31 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,262,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
im going to second paco collars and Collar mania.
I also love LUPINE brand gear (guarenteed for LIFE even if chewed!!!)
also keepyour eyes open for tack and feed stores sometimes they get some realy cool stuff in..and for big dogs look for cute KIDS BELTS too!
Along with Lupine guarantee, Tough Lock does the same thing. I was going to mention both, but you beat me to the punch on Lupine

Old 07-28-2013, 11:07 AM

1,134 posts, read 2,236,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegee40 View Post
I forward that link to a coworker. I bet she buys something for her pup. I think he has a collar for every occasion. She couldn't believe when I told her Bella has ONE. (add it was under $50)
I'm with you. Judy has one also, I think it cost um, $10.00? It's pink because most people think she's a male - prolly cause she's dark, dark brown, they think she's black, humph. It's a buckle type, wide collar, does the job. No fancy stuff for my plain, jane doggy, like her plain jane owner =D
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs