U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 12:04 AM

683 posts, read 1,606,951 times

Advertisements

so my dog Jorah was looking so cute sleeping on the couch and I went over to gently huggle him. I must have really startled him because:

1. he jumped up and almost attacked me until he realized it was me.
2. he sprayed diarhrrea on the couch and wall behind him.

oh the joys...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2013, 12:27 AM

12,392 posts, read 31,369,596 times
You litterly scared the ***** out of him....LOL

Old 07-27-2013, 05:11 AM

36,478 posts, read 43,591,057 times
gross and sad. don't you suppose there was something wrong with him to have diarrhea like that? I'd check it out. Scaring the poop out of him it should have been solid.

Old 07-27-2013, 06:39 AM

5,506 posts, read 8,840,037 times
He has an issue you need to look at. Did you change his food recently? Did he get into something he shouldn't have? If the problem persists more than a day see your vet.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:36 AM

I think it was just from some long crabgrass he ate, his stool is solid today.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
gross and sad. don't you suppose there was something wrong with him to have diarrhea like that? I'd check it out. Scaring the poop out of him it should have been solid.
It was a couple drops, nothing major but yeah it wasn't solid. He ate some crabgrass and it went through him yesterday. Today everything is normal. If it was something persisting he would have already been to the vet.

Old 07-27-2013, 04:44 PM

1,253 posts, read 3,029,089 times
Default Let sleeping dogs lie...

"Let sleeping dogs lie" to not talk about things which have caused problems in the past, or to not try to change a situation because you might cause problems...

Although it can mean many things, in this case it is literal. To stardle or awaken by surprise an animal or human can be dangerous. You found out your dog does not like be surprised. I have known people that have come up swinging when someone awakened them by "surprise."

Some awaken groggy and don't know what they are doing and to whom they are doing it too. Animals (and people) can come up fighting, not to mention making them mad especially if they are already ill tempered. Case in point, someone versed in the "Art of War, i.e. Navy SEAL, Army Ranger or say a Martial Artist." It would be wise to awaken them by talking first before you ever get close enough to touch them.

With an animal, that fight or flight instinct is just that, instinct. I would suggest awakening the subject before touching. If your dog enjoys (or tolerates) hugs, by all means go for it BUT ONLY if he's awake!!!

...IMHO...

Last edited by LuvABull.Denver; 07-27-2013 at 04:45 PM.. Reason: I need a spelling and grammar button!!!

Old 07-27-2013, 04:44 PM

3,805 posts, read 3,493,264 times

Old 07-27-2013, 04:49 PM

364 posts, read 456,508 times
I just went out to prepare the grill for brats. When I went inside to get the food, I had the grill surface removed and propped up against the house while the briquettes heated up. My fat little shameless ***** gnawed the old char off the grill. Seriously... 100% carbon. She has black all over her mush...

Old 07-27-2013, 07:52 PM
ZSP

1,568 posts, read 4,159,325 times
It sounds more like an involuntary release of the anal glands...not real diarrhea. When my Frenchie was just three months old or so, he walked into the kitchen and didn't recognize my husband...he was wearing a ball cap and jogging clothes and he'd never seen him in that attire before. He squealed/shrieked and his glands released just as you described.

As the previous posters said, it's always best to find a way to let a sleeping dog know you're near and wanting to touch them.
BTW, anal gland stuff is always pretty stinky...much more than regular poop. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or