U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 06:58 AM

10,604 posts, read 14,208,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Well. Glad my question asking about my skinny rescue dog turned into a big debate...
HAHAHA that always happens with food and training. Hence my prediction of "pearl clutching".

Predictable as the sun and moon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2013, 11:26 AM

5,244 posts, read 14,027,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Well. Glad my question asking about my skinny rescue dog turned into a big debate...
LOL. Seems like EVERYTHING on this forum turns into a debate. People seem incapable of accepting that while one thing may work for one person / dog / cat / purple unicorn, perhaps it doesn't work best for another. But only THEIR way is the best way. So many experts on this forum. It's pretty much why I've shyed away from it for a while now. Luckily I've been in contact with some of my 'besties' on here through Facebook and it's allowed us to keep in touch. Although I've noticed since I returned my ignore list is growing like it's on steroids.

Dear CD creator, thank you for the ignore feature!

Old 09-27-2013, 09:25 PM

255 posts, read 544,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
No, you actually never said 75% of your dogs food is raw. You said you put weight on a malnourished dog with raw meat once. Even in THIS post you say you're trying to counter things in commercial food.

And you said your wife feeds kibble. We logically assume you are talking about the SAME DOG.

You should not be randomly supplementing with all this stuff, especially a dog eating kibble. How are you doing a guaranteed analysis when even the dog food states "minimum" not exact levels? Even Dr Jean Dodds, the nationally recognized expert DVM in thyroid and epilepsy says we shouldn't even supplement kibble with KELP because of the iodine. Isn't there also Iodine in the Concentrace minerals and you're give MORE??

You realize dog have lots of thyroid problems anyway, right?

This is hilarious though, considering all the people bashing VETS for not selling and promoting ALL TYPES OF DOG FOOD and sticking to just HILLS, a stable predictable brand. Let alone all the things people randomly throw on the plate. Like they have all day long to spend analyzing labels of hundreds of cans and bags of food etc.
Just because you charge a fee to walk people's dogs doesn't make you an expert on anything, including nutrition. Take your non-sequeters and run along.

If you're looking for an argument, look elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or