Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 07:15 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,422,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
Last night, I fell asleep easily -- I was so drained. I woke up at 1-something in the height of night with a knot in my stomach and my face was wet with tears. I suppose that I was crying in my sleep. I started thinking about what I saw on Friday night and I felt sick. I finally got back to sleep at 4-something.

I spent the day doing laundry -- all the blankets that Artie had furred up -- and dealing with his things. Boy, he had a lot of stuff. I guess I indulged him a bit. That makes me happy.

At about 4 P.M., I lay down and ended up falling asleep. About 30 minutes later, I woke with a jolt with this thought: "It's after 11 in the morning and I didn't give Artie his late-morning chicken jerky treat yet!!!!"

Rough day. I know that it'll get easier though. Even though my heart is in crumbles, my head knows that I did right by Artie, giving him peace.
I remember my night after I lost Munchi. I was alone in a hotel in Virginia after transporting two of the rescue puppies to adopters. I woke in the middle of the night sobbing. I was reliving it all over again. It's been seven months now and to this day I find myself waking up crying, reliving it all over. Things during the day trigger those memories and I'll have to re-direct my brain.

It takes time to get past it. It's a pain that is incredibly deep. I never, ever thought I could love anything or anyone as much as I loved her. The loss cuts you to the core. I totally understand how you feel. I'm so, so sorry. I just wish there were magic words that could take away the pain and the bad memories and only leave you with the happy ones. Hugs my wonderful friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2013, 07:40 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,417,593 times
I couldn't say it any better than mrs 1885 just did. It's so incredibly hard. And it will always come back and hit you at odd times, but those times will get farther apart. They really will be replaced by more of the good memories, of Artie's special ways and the good times you were able to give him. xoxo

Old 09-23-2013, 11:32 AM

737 posts, read 2,586,818 times
Crying for virtual friends. You are awesome, Dawn. I am missing a soul that I never met. Please take good care of yourself, please.

Old 09-23-2013, 11:41 AM

438 posts, read 269,398 times
It takes a loving heart to make a decision that's truly best for your dog instead of procrastinating because of your own loss and pain. You did that brilliantly. Please take comfort in the conviction that you gave him glorious years that he wouldn't have had with anyone else. You gave him a second chance and a whole second life. No matter how much we love we can't do more than that!

Blessing and comfort to you, and peace to Artie. (((hugs)))

Old 10-13-2013, 11:36 AM

1,457 posts, read 4,053,490 times
Oh Dawn, I'm so sorry I haven't been on here in so long. My heart goes out to you and what you are going through. You absolutely did what was best for Artie. No one could have loved the little guy more than you. He is a peace now, resting, watching over you with content. Hugs to you.

Old 10-13-2013, 02:17 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Hi Dawn, I just found this thread. Sorry to learn about Artie, but your tribute to him was so beautiful. I'll bet it was the hardest decision you'll ever have to make in your lifetime, but rest assured, it was the right decision. Hugs to you.

Old 02-26-2014, 02:54 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
I am so sorry for your loss Dawn...My dogs are my children..

God Bless you and him, sincerely.

My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.
Unknown Poet

Dog Poems and Verse For You to Enjoy

Old 02-27-2014, 04:22 PM

1,253 posts, read 3,633,463 times
Dawn, I haven't been online much for the past eight or nine months...and I had no idea.

I am so sorry...

I am typing this with tears streaming down my face for you, your loss...and for Artie. You have been ever so loving with him and when we face these incredible difficult decisions, it will never get any easier. I will miss your stories of Artie.

Please know, you are in my thoughts and prayers. ((Hugs))

~LuvABull

Old 02-27-2014, 09:14 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,013,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvABull.Denver View Post
Dawn, I haven't been online much for the past eight or nine months...and I had no idea.

I am so sorry...

I am typing this with tears streaming down my face for you, your loss...and for Artie. You have been ever so loving with him and when we face these incredible difficult decisions, it will never get any easier. I will miss your stories of Artie.

Please know, you are in my thoughts and prayers. ((Hugs))

~LuvABull
I haven't been responding on this thread -- I've been saying a few words in rep comments -- but it seems that I repped you too recently to give you another. This is what I was going to write: I love you for every word that you just wrote here. Thank you. xxo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs