U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2007, 11:53 AM

6,848 posts, read 10,121,411 times

Advertisements

Here are some great tips on how to handle it when you have a problem with your neighbor's dog barking.

How to stop your neighbor's dog from barking
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2007, 12:58 PM

3,935 posts, read 5,579,318 times
We had this problem. Our neighbors dog barked constantly. They put him in the garage at night, but let him out real early in the mornings. I didn't realize a dog could bark that much and everyone commented on it when they were here. We couldnt even use our back yard because he would be right at the fence barking loudly. It was awful. I was about to buy the mounted thing, but thank goodness, they moved!

Old 11-17-2007, 07:33 PM

1,194 posts, read 3,519,657 times
The Super Bark device is a joke. It didn't work and was a waste of money.

Talking to the owner and using a shock collar did work. I bought the collar and told the owner I would only use it after 10 minutes of continuous barking. After 3 hits one day the mutt was silenced.

Old 11-18-2007, 06:26 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,479,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by car957 View Post
The Super Bark device is a joke. It didn't work and was a waste of money.

Talking to the owner and using a shock collar did work. I bought the collar and told the owner I would only use it after 10 minutes of continuous barking. After 3 hits one day the mutt was silenced.
On the owner I presume?

Old 11-18-2007, 11:43 AM

1,194 posts, read 3,519,657 times
Nope, the dog. Read my post - it was very clear.

Old 11-18-2007, 06:23 PM

22,952 posts, read 22,479,604 times
I'd bet using it on the owner would be more fun though! And emotionally satisfying as well....

Old 11-19-2007, 10:23 AM

133 posts, read 693,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by car957 View Post
Nope, the dog. Read my post - it was very clear.
It was a joke........

Old 10-26-2010, 06:23 PM

1 posts, read 4,122 times
My neighbors dog drove me crazy for 3 months. I didn't know what to do. Everywhere I turned, it is recommended that you contact the dog owner before contacting animal control.

This can be very stressful to approach the neighbor. Moderator cut: not allowed
I have done a lot of research, nuisance dog barking is a social issue. Moderator cut: not allowed This site will address the issues that nuisance dog barking causes on a social level. The burden of proof is on the victim of nuisance dog barking. Controlling nuisance dog barking should be the responsibility of the dog owner.

There is a revenue stream here for local government. Animal Control Officers should be on-duty (or on-call) 24/7. Victims of nuisance dog barking should be able to file a complaint with animal control whenever the neighbors dog is barking. Animal Control should be dispatched immediately. Dog owners should be fined (after maybe 1 warning) when there dog is caught barking excessively by animal control. This will change attitudes about who is responsible for controlling a dogs barking.

Hoping for a more peaceful, and quiet America!

BarkEnder

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 10-26-2010 at 10:37 PM..

Old 03-08-2011, 11:55 PM

1 posts, read 3,598 times
Dog barking is a problem that many owners face but do not know how to deal with in an effective way, unfortunately. This behavior problem can be fixed, but you need patience and consistent dog training methods.

Old 03-14-2011, 06:22 PM

30,240 posts, read 16,768,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw32181 View Post
Dog barking is a problem that many owners face but do not know how to deal with in an effective way, unfortunately. This behavior problem can be fixed, but you need patience and consistent dog training methods.
I think a big part of the reason why the dogs constantly bark is that they're bored to death and/or have separation anxiety issues. It amazes me that here in my neighborhood, that the majority of dog owners don't take their dogs out for regular walks! They seem to think that just having a big enough yard to play in is enough, but it's not. So I'm wondering why they even bother keeping dogs in the first place if they're not willing to take the time to fulfill the dogs' needs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs