U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-17-2007, 08:28 PM

692 posts, read 2,789,708 times
Exclamation Great Rescue News!!!

In the past week we have adopted out two of our hardest to place dogs because of their breeds. Both sweet dogs, but because they are classed as "pit bulls"; one an APBT and the other ASBT not many people like to love on them. I for one love bullies more and more each week. I tend to find myself staying with them all day...
Ziggy our mascot who we've had for three years went to his new forever home (we hope) with Princess this week. Princess has had a tough life; 12 puppies, abandon and starved to death and only three of her puppies survived. Ziggy was a stray and has been with us for three years.
Even though they are both WONDERFUL dogs I must say I was a little upset with the placement. They are both full grown bullies and have lived in seperate homes all their lives. Had only met once and have similar personalities; I just saw them clashing and all hell breaking loose. I didn't think the new owners would be able to handle them both or worse if a fight broke out. Shame on me for jumping to conclusions, but my first priority are the dogs, their saftey and well being. If a fight broke out the first ones to be blamed woud be the two dogs and surely would be put down byt the city. We're trying to save their lives not put them in a situation for set up.
To my surprisment they started playing as soon as they were released in their new backyard!!! *smiles all around* Ziggy had his butt in the air and Princess was super excited. Everything went good and they love each other.
I'm sad I'll never see my two babies, but ecstatic to see them both find a home.
Pictures of them both(seperate).
Princess a one year old Staffie who loves everyone!

Ziggy a 3 1/2 year old APBT who has bounced from foster to foster. He looks tough, but acts like a lab. We always tell people he's a lab trapped in a pitties body.

I had to share the good news! We've been waiting for the right home and think we may have just found it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the other hand we had a great adoption day today with applications coming in on all of the dogs, but when two go one has to come in right? You've got it! A 2 year old pure breed Chocolate Lab came in today with his papers. Lets just say I was in heaven. I'm not a lab person, but the goofy look on his face and wanting to play all day was just calling my name. Wieghing in at 86 pounds this is Rocky.

That face kept me smiling and just like Buster(my dog) he is still a puppy in that big body.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2007, 08:57 PM

8,204 posts, read 23,523,815 times
Awww!

Glad to hear the good news on Princess and Ziggy, sad to hear about Rocky . I hope he's okay and not too heartbroken and hopefully he finds a home real soon .

Old 11-18-2007, 02:53 PM

5,982 posts, read 10,793,739 times
Congrats on finding those kids a home...and Rocky's home is just around the corner!

Gotta love rescue!

Old 11-18-2007, 03:45 PM

10,054 posts, read 13,864,066 times
What beautiful animals. Thank you and your co-rescuers so much for your work. I must concentrate on realizing there are many of you (and me who sends money and adopts) and try not to think of the more negative aspects.

Old 11-18-2007, 05:44 PM

10,246 posts, read 10,459,233 times
Thanks so much for your care and concern! Great news about the adoptions. Love that lab - you're right. They're always puppies, just big ones! Bless you for all you do!

Old 11-18-2007, 06:22 PM

1,738 posts, read 5,413,252 times
Moderator cut: deleted pictures to save on bandwidth

they are all beautiful buy Rocky is special!!!! I like him!

Last edited by Sam I Am; 11-19-2007 at 03:02 AM..

Old 11-18-2007, 08:47 PM

692 posts, read 2,789,708 times
Thanks everyone!

I keep telling the people I work with he wont be with us long. He's such a cutie and has a great personality he'll go fast.

Today I woke up and my shoulders and arms just hurt like no other. I played with him a lot of yesterday to wear him down, but it didn't work. I hope he's feeling the burn like i am lol. We were playing tug -o- war with suffed animals and his giant head and powerful jaws were no match for my weak little arms. But he doesn't pull and he has wonderful manners. No jumping up, unless you hold a toy over his head, and he loves all other dogs. I have no doubt he'll go to a new home fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs