Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 11:08 AM

1,930 posts, read 10,169,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by APBT_Samara View Post
LOL you know they are super crazy and super strong. I remember one story in which a Pit Bull went chasing this guy and his friends on Halloween. They ran from the dog who proceeded to knock over cars and lamp post..lmao like that could ever happen. They ran in the house and they dog burst threw the door flying. I think they watched a few too many horror movies that night and must have been dreaming!
Haha!! WTF?! I have never heard that one! It sounds like those people were on something! lmao!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2007, 11:22 AM

4 posts, read 25,655 times
You know....I am sick of poeple blaming there animals for there lack of responsibility. When a dog "pitbull" is running around and the people around the neighborhood know that it's the "neighborhood dog", then they should look at the person that owns that dog. It's an animal for christ sake! It's not like we can just ask him to "stop attacking the cat, and put you hands behind your back...you are under arrest. You have the right to remain silent".......LOL. The owner wasn't paying attention to his "responsilbilty" and it got out of the fence.....I mean I feel bad for the cat owner but, it's really not the dogs fault. I mean we have more "homosapian" killings in Jacksonville, than we do "pitbull killings"....were not trying to ban human kind are we?????

Old 11-20-2007, 06:05 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,091,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullMommie1206 View Post
Hahahaha!!!! How do all of these "pit bulls" keep breaking into people's homes?
They use a credit card to slip the lock.

Old 11-21-2007, 04:42 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,142,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullMommie1206 View Post
But the whole thing just seems a bit out there. How do all of these "pit bulls" keep breaking into people's homes?
From the newstories I've read, these dogs come in through doggie or pet doors that aren't secured. Not all pet doors have locks that are opened with special pet collars.

Old 11-21-2007, 04:55 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,142,528 times
Here's a newstory about a TWO pitbulls getting into a woman's house through a pet door and attacking her. People need to secure their pet doors.

Quote:

2 pit bulls break into Washington home and maul woman; victim in serious condition
Wednesday, August 22, 2007

GIG HARBOR, Wash. -- Two pit bull terriers broke into a house through a pet door Tuesday and attacked a woman in her bed, mauling her badly, a Pierce County sheriff's spokesman said.

The woman was able to grab a gun and try to shoot the dogs, then break away from the attack and lock herself in her car, where she called 911, sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer said.

The woman, who was not immediately identified, was taken to a hospital in Tacoma, where she was listed in serious condition.

Officers planned to talk to the dogs' owner.

The pit bulls also killed a neighbor's Jack Russell terrier, which entered the house during the attack, Troyer said.

"The thought is that the Jack Russell heard noise in the neighbor's house, came in and was attacked by the dogs," Troyer said.

Firefighters responded first, locking the dogs in the house, treating the woman and calling for an ambulance.

Officers "had to pepper spray and fight the dogs until they were detained. We almost had to shoot them on site," Troyer said.

The dogs were taken to a Humane Society and will probably be destroyed, he said.

It was not immediately known why the dogs entered the house, whether the woman had dogs of her own or what set off the attack.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:36 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,440,980 times
My in-laws had raccoons coming in through the cats' pet doors. The raccoons would steal the cat food while the cats stood by. Very dangerous. Raccoons very often carry rabies not to mention can violently attack humans if they feel threatened.

These pet doors may not be such a great idea after all .

Old 12-05-2007, 12:50 AM

459 posts, read 804,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riveree View Post
My in-laws had raccoons coming in through the cats' pet doors. The raccoons would steal the cat food while the cats stood by. Very dangerous. Raccoons very often carry rabies not to mention can violently attack humans if they feel threatened.

These pet doors may not be such a great idea after all .

Raccoons are crazy dude. I thought these guys lived in the woods. I was wrong. I live in a very populated city in the Bay Area and I was getting out of my car when I saw what I though was a dog running down the street. I couldn't believe it when I saw a huge raccoon running in the middle of my very busy street. I guess they live in the sewers.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:54 AM

459 posts, read 804,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by APBT_Samara View Post
That sucks. For dog/cat/family. She was only defending her cat though. I'm sure any pet owner would defend their pet like they would their kid.

Your totally right. As much as I love any dog, I would have to defend my pets and family against an aggressive animal. I would be really upset after the fact though, and I just wish I am never in that situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs