Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 12:56 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,574,845 times

Advertisements

ERHARD, Minn. - Authorities said a woman stabbed a pit bull that got into her house and attacked her cat. The Otter Tail County sheriff's office said the woman's daughter and a friend were walking into the house on Wednesday evening when the neighborhood dog made it past them and got into the home.

Upgrade Browser
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2007, 01:14 PM

1,930 posts, read 10,170,847 times
I would LOVE to see a picture of this so-called "pit bull"! It's horrible that that happened, but I seriously doubt the dog is actually an APBT, AmStaff or Staffie. It's very rare for a "pit bull" attack in the news to actually be a real "pit bull". It's like any aggressive or mean dog that is medium-large breed with short fur is automatically a "pit bull".

Not all "pit bulls" are vicious, in fact, the overwhelming majority of "pit bulls" are wonderful, sweet, gentle, family companions. I'm really sick of all of the "pit bull" attacks. Enough is enough, the media needs to move on. This is beyond ridiculous! It's like beating a dead horse now, come on!

Check out these monster "pit bulls"...

Sorry! lol! I had to do that! I have to balance it out. A story of a so-called "pit bull" that was obviously aggressive, and some pictures of "normal", everyday "pit bulls" that are doing what they do best... Being loving family pets!

Old 11-18-2007, 02:03 PM

1,738 posts, read 8,274,012 times
Moderator cut: duplicate pix deleted to save bandwidth

love the doggie/ kitty pics

Last edited by Sam I Am; 11-18-2007 at 02:35 PM..

Old 11-18-2007, 07:28 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,396,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
ERHARD, Minn. - Authorities said a woman stabbed a pit bull that got into her house and attacked her cat. The Otter Tail County sheriff's office said the woman's daughter and a friend were walking into the house on Wednesday evening when the neighborhood dog made it past them and got into the home.

Upgrade Browser
That's really sad. My cat stays indoors and the doors are closed.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:18 PM

1,179 posts, read 8,709,008 times
That sucks. For dog/cat/family. She was only defending her cat though. I'm sure any pet owner would defend their pet like they would their kid.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:05 AM

575 posts, read 3,693,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by APBT_Samara View Post
That sucks. For dog/cat/family. She was only defending her cat though. I'm sure any pet owner would defend their pet like they would their kid.
That's right, and why was this dog (breed makes no difference) LOOSE?

Old 11-19-2007, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by APBT_Samara View Post
Oh, I agree 100%! We would do anything to protect our fur babies! I wonder why the dog was running free like that to start with? I wonder if it was an irresponsible owner thing, or if it just somehow got out. I think it's sad all around.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:35 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,679,729 times
I seriously wonder if some of these news outlets/websites are exaggerating juuuuust a tad?

Is this not to be confused with the "pit bull" which stormed into a woman's home, attacked her dog and mutilated her PlayStation console, bit a hole in the living room floor, then cornered her in her back room until a friend came running to help?

Reported Pit bull antics are becoming more like Elvis sightings. "Started stabbing it with a knife" and this animal does not require medical attention? Guess they must be mutant beasts as well.

Last edited by Travel'r; 11-19-2007 at 09:55 PM..

Old 11-19-2007, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel'r View Post
Reported Pit bull antics are becoming more like Elvis sightings. "Started stabbing it with a knife" and this animal does not require medical attention? Guess they must be mutant beasts as well.
Hahahaha!!!! That was funny! Oh, but wait, didn't you know, "pit bulls" have super powers! .. I do wonder what happened to the monster "pit bull". If this is a true story, and if things haven't been completely twisted around, like they always seem to be, I do feel really bad for the lady. But the whole thing just seems a bit out there. How do all of these "pit bulls" keep breaking into people's homes?

Old 11-20-2007, 10:35 AM

1,179 posts, read 8,709,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel'r View Post
I seriously wonder if some of these news outlets/websites are exaggerating juuuuust a tad?

Is this not to be confused with the "pit bull" which stormed into a woman's home, attacked her dog and mutilated her PlayStation console, bit a hole in the living room floor, then cornered her in her back room until a friend came running to help?

LOL you know they are super crazy and super strong. I remember one story in which a Pit Bull went chasing this guy and his friends on Halloween. They ran from the dog who proceeded to knock over cars and lamp post..lmao like that could ever happen. They ran in the house and they dog burst threw the door flying. I think they watched a few too many horror movies that night and must have been dreaming!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs