U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 03:17 PM

9,911 posts, read 13,383,363 times
Default Brandy Update (was "Finding Lost Dog")

Since she is no longer a lost dog, a new thread!
Lori (her caretaker and the animal officer I adopted her from) posted today that she is taking Brandy to work with her at the shelter, because Brandy will not let Lori leave her sight without drooling, shaking, clinging. People have come to visit Brandy at the shelter while she is accompanying Lori. Brandy got some pain medication for the first time last night and slept very well and seems calmer and is already more energetic with rest and food and safety. She begins Lyme Disease treatment today- that is likely the cause of any pain she is having.

I have decided that I will refuse to take Brandy back if Lori tries to give her back to me when she recovers. Lori wants her and it's the only kind thing to do. There's no reason Lori can't take her except for her very real need for some professional detachment (you can't save/take them all) but I think given Brandy's escapades of the past several weeks on the run, and Lori's unbelievable efforts to get her back, this counts as an exceptional circumstance.

I drove home from work this morning and spotted an occasional "Lost Dog" flyer on telephone poles that we missed taking down. I canNOT drive past them now that it's over. I got some 13 of them just here and there. My car is piled high flyers and staples (and somewhere underneath is a deteriorating hot dog and bits of cheeseburger from baiting traps).

Tomorrow I'm going to the one town (Groton) that I think still has flyers up. What a great few days it's been, celebrating her return and the drama of it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2013, 04:26 PM

5,835 posts, read 4,617,729 times
thank you for the update, and your due diligence in all your efforts and making the public aware. So glad Brandy is safe, warm, fed, and HOME!

Old 10-13-2013, 05:51 PM

2,935 posts, read 2,662,723 times
I'm so happy to read the update, Bright, and trust me, you WILL NOT be boring us if you keeps us updated on Brandy!

Old 10-13-2013, 05:55 PM

Thanks for the reassurance. I thought maybe it was sort of narcissistic to assume that everyone wants to know about Brandy.
I did ask a friend to capture her latest photo from Facebook and put it on this forum. I don't know how to do that. That should be coming soon.

Old 10-13-2013, 06:04 PM

5,100 posts, read 8,157,315 times
I'm so glad she's doing better and getting treatment. We asked Brian to pull any down that he sees in town too.

Old 10-13-2013, 06:12 PM

Is Brian in Groton?
I'm pulling all the staples out with pliers as the electric companies asked us to do. I think I'm the only one doing that but I did promise them. Gonna do a "flyer" count when I clean out the car on Tuesday. Volunteer Mary McConnell has pulled down almost 80! but no staples. So in the record book, I think she'll get an asterisk. (Am I showing my age by mentioning the asterisk, a la Roger Maris in 1961?)

Old 10-13-2013, 06:17 PM

5,100 posts, read 8,157,315 times
Yep, Brain is in Groton. He's the one I tagged on Facebook for you that rides his bike in the area she was in every day.

Bahaha! I'll let him know about staples. He won't want any asterisk! LOL

Old 10-13-2013, 06:48 PM

I was going to go to Groton Monday and pull them down, actually with a pointy screwdriver then pliers! I think they're pretty much around Common St. and Main St. and the areas where the streets intersect with the rail trail- Brandy's personal superhighway.

Old 10-13-2013, 07:14 PM

1,256 posts, read 1,216,615 times
I'm so happy that you have the opportunity to post this new thread. A job well done by you and Lori!

Old 10-13-2013, 09:53 PM

It occurred to me that 17 pages, with "Brandy Caught" five pages before the end, might not be the way to talk with people!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs