Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 04:54 AM

350 posts, read 477,366 times

Advertisements

I had Belgian Tervuren for years ... when asked what kind of a dog it was, the answer often resulted in this response: "so what is that a mix of? or "so that's German Shepherd and what?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 05:19 AM

30,488 posts, read 16,198,344 times
well, at least they think they're pit bull and run!

lol

Old 10-27-2013, 10:43 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhorsewoman View Post
I had Belgian Tervuren for years ... when asked what kind of a dog it was, the answer often resulted in this response: "so what is that a mix of? or "so that's German Shepherd and what?"
I bet the Malinois people get it worse!

I love Tervurens!

Old 10-27-2013, 05:19 PM

559 posts, read 1,394,400 times
I showed a coworker this picture of my Jack Russell Terrier and he asked me if he's collie.

A boy in my neighborhood saw my dog in person and asked me if he's a chihuahua. LOL.
Attached Thumbnails
why do people keep asking?-sam-2-.jpg  

Old 10-27-2013, 05:26 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,228,513 times
I have a couple of Newfoundlands. People are use to seeing a black Newf, but when I walk my brown one, I am constantly stopped and asked what breed he is.

Old 07-12-2014, 05:28 PM

6,883 posts, read 11,237,132 times
Smile We are now a fur family of 3!!

2 Shelties (Madison, age 9 and Chase, age 1) - Madison is the sweetest female ever and Chase is a male, a bit submissive but coming out of his shell since we got.....

Laddie - a collie pup which we heard about on a rescue site - we thought he was going to be a rough collie but the vet told us today he is a smooth collie. He is a male, very sweet and fun, housebroken, and is 5 months old.

Laddie is already 56 pounds. He is a big boy already. Very sweet. He sleeps between us at night.

He is "Lassie" colored, very good looking boy. I was a little disappointed because I love the Lassie look but all in all, he's the same boy and lots of fun and love.

I had 4 Collies growing up and into adulthood - my parents kept getting them. Then, I got Shelties - we've had 5 so far. Just love both breeds so much.

PS - We have a large Sheltie (50-55 pounds) - Murphy passed away last year - he was just an amazing, wonderful boy. Happy and goofy all the time.

Laddie can be a bit like that too. He's a happy boy and wags his tail all the time.

Old 07-12-2014, 06:06 PM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,118,385 times
I have Boston Terriers and people are always commenting about my mini Boxers...or small pitbulls. I laugh and say thanks..yeah...they're pretty nice dogs. lol

Old 07-13-2014, 06:07 AM

729 posts, read 1,504,848 times
I have been asked what kind of dog I have when people are petting him. I have golden retrievers. You would think people would know that breed but most are clueless. Or they call them golden labs. That makes me cringe.

Old 07-13-2014, 06:48 AM

974 posts, read 1,896,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Well, it never fails. I will be walking down the street or at the pet store or someone will come to my house and say, "Oh, that's a sheltie, right?" Or, "What a beautiful sheltie!" Or something about how the dog is a sheltie.

Yes, this is my 65 pound sheltie. I will be entering her in the Guiness Book of World Records soon as the largest, most disproportionate sheltie ever.

This JUST happened AGAIN last week. Why do you think that is?
This is easy!!!

EVERYONE knows by washing Rough Collies in hot water and using a dryer on them the resulting shrinkage creates a SHELTIE!

Didn't they warn you to only use cool water and Willbite washing liquid??

Old 07-13-2014, 07:43 PM

9,875 posts, read 14,112,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassetluv View Post

One of these days I'm going to turn Izzy into a unique breed of his own, when someone asks me 'what kind of dog is that?'. Perhaps I'll say he's an Ethiopian Rock Hound, or maybe a New Zealand Wombat Lurker, just to see how many people will believe me. :P
My brother proudly tells people he owns a "Manhattan Pound Hound".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs