Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 02:33 PM

160 posts, read 384,739 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anybody has any boston terriers. And tell what their like. and can you post any pics? I cant seem to download my photos from my camera of my boston. My boston is 12 years old. She's the best becuz whenever i sleep in she does also and snores like a freight train.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 06:11 PM

499 posts, read 2,156,649 times
We currently have a female Boston Terrier and have had two previously- both have since passed. Anyway, our current female is the "big sister" to our Pit Bull. She's 1/3rd of the size but she doesn't know it. Like yours, she can wake the dead when she snores. To this day, I continue to be amazed at how loud she can be.

Our current one is pretty stubborn. My first one, Misfire, was such an awesome a dog. She had such a personality. Plus, she was huge for a female. She weighed in at 32 lbs and was not overweight. We had to put her down over 4 years ago- one of the hardest days of my life.

Anyway, a not so great photo of Izzie our Pit Bull and Allie our Boston but a photo nonetheless.
Attached Thumbnails
Boston Terriers-image.jpg  

Old 11-04-2013, 06:24 PM

160 posts, read 384,739 times
Nylons boston weighs 32 also or more. I luv them chunky. They are so cute.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:43 PM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,119,709 times
I have three...here's my 10 year old Sammy Davis. He was my foster dog and after a year with no adoption applications...we had to make him our own. He's been with us two years.

My girl Skylar...she's eight, a beautiful brindle coat and my "big girl" at 36 lbs. She's rock solid.

and my beautiful girl Zayda...she's almost ten and my smallest Boston...weighing in at 26 lbs.

Bostons are clowns...comical, extremely smart, always ready to play and are devoted to their humans. I love their size, ease of grooming...I call them "rub and buff." I've been around Bostons all my life...I could write a book about them and why I love the breed. I will always have a Boston in my life.

My French Bulldog will not be amused at being left out...so please meet five year old Wolfgang. He's my hunk-a hunk-a burning love...a definite big boy at 42 lbs.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:09 AM

2,008 posts, read 4,723,877 times
This is my favorite picture of Louis. Walking down the street smoking a Cuban (Bully stick)

He's 22 lbs of fury as I like to say because when he's at the dog park he only plays with dogs 60+ lbs or more and even when there's multiple dogs jumping on him, he never gets knocked over!

He's really tall when compared to just about every Boston I've seen.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:59 PM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,119,709 times
oops...double post

Old 11-06-2013, 11:04 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,601,833 times
I've been thinking a Boston may be in my future. They're so lovely! I named my oldest cat after a Boston that was a childhood friend's pet.

I'd like to know about their barking, though. My golden has a lovely deep bark and doesn't bark that much anyway - when she does, I know something's up. Many terriers have a high piercing yap that I know would drive me buggy, so that's the only thing holding me back from bringing a Boston into my family.

So - describe a Boston's bark for me. High and piercing? Short and gruff? Low and rumbly? Wheezy?

Old 11-07-2013, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
I've been thinking a Boston may be in my future. They're so lovely! I named my oldest cat after a Boston that was a childhood friend's pet.

I'd like to know about their barking, though. My golden has a lovely deep bark and doesn't bark that much anyway - when she does, I know something's up. Many terriers have a high piercing yap that I know would drive me buggy, so that's the only thing holding me back from bringing a Boston into my family.

So - describe a Boston's bark for me. High and piercing? Short and gruff? Low and rumbly? Wheezy?
Barking? what are you talking about?

Boston's are known for almost never barking. I had Louis for almost 6 months before we heard his first bark. His, and others that he has played with they are generally more of a deeper tone. Not like a yappy type of bark at all. Instead though, they make the most awesome gremlin sounds!!

Old 11-07-2013, 12:15 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,601,833 times
Yay, good to know!

Oh wait, though. What does a gremlin sound like???

Sometime in the next few months I really think I'll find a nice rescue Boston to match my tuxedo cats and keep my old golden company.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:52 PM

I don't know if "gremlin" is exactly the sound I would describe it as, but we also say he looks like Gizmo a little bit (From the movie Gremlins) so we call it a gremlin noise. I'd have to rewatch the movie to see if sounds anything like them.

I've also only ever heard a boston make the gremlin noise when they were playing so it's not like you have to listen to it all day instead of barking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs